'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

Astrid

Omg I love these two brothers soo much, they are awesome. Chance is funny and outrageous, Real is sweet , caring nd so genuine. !! please get better, we need more ppl like you in the world

sid

Ahmad is a total sweetheart. Best wishes and sending love.

Cindy J

Those shows were pretty cheesy, but Real seemed like a really cool guy. I wish him the best!

Cindy J

And it really bugs me how people go to the hospital and are brushed off so easily, too.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Get well soon real.its three of them I love them on I love New York hated them on thier own dating show. They need to get back with new york

small asian penis

That's really very sad. I wish him and his family the best. Stay strong!!!

Positivity

Wishes for complete healing.

jeweledkissez

How sad. Breaks my heart to hear this about anyone :(

eivissa

There is no treatment. At all. I wish he would leave the hospital and spent his final days happy enjoting it at home, outside, with his friends and familty. Not stuck
in a hospital with needles and chemo , xrays, hideous food, crappy bed etc... oh yeah getting waken up several times thru the night to take temperture.
~

GO HOME AND LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Katie

I watched the show and thought the brothers were great!
I pray that God blesses you and your family as you face this difficult challenge. +

portia hinton

Sending my prayers

IceGypsy

I don't know this man, but I wish him a full, speedy recovery. Hopefully he's got lots of good people around him to help him through this.

Kev the Realist

Sorry But better start putting your affairs in order. Stage 4 Colon Cancer is virtually untreatable. They can't do a re-section as it has already spread. Another instance where if he had a colonoscopy and they caught it early it is 100% curable.....

stefanie

I pray for him and his family its feels like a member of my own family when I just found out which was about ten minutes ago

Wabafet

He's such a nice guy. This is really sad news.