'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

drakeswifey

Such a sweetheart! I hope they come upwith something asap!.... Poor real

jewels1678

I've always loved him this one really hurts :(

Made it Past 27

I REMEMBER HIM, AND HIS THUG BROTHER!!! I LIKED THOSE VH1 SHOWS WITH "NEW YORK"!!!!!!!

Made it Past 27

GET WELL! I WISH YOU LUCK, BUT NO ONE KNOWS GOD'S WILL, BUT ONE THING YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KNOW 100% IS DON'T BE SCARED, YOU ARE LUCKY (ID RATHER BE IN HEAVEN THAN HERE ON EARTH!)! GOD LOVES YOU, HE WILL WELCOME YOU INTO HEAVEN!: GET READY TO SEE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS OF ALL YOUR SINS, ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR, BE AN ANGEL FOR YOUR FAMILY AND ALL! U R INSPIRATION! BLESS YOU!

Encouraged

To bad doctors in the U.S. are so busy worrying about money that they can't even diagnose cancer in the early stages. My father in law died because they told him four different diagnoses in a five year period and then told him he had 3 months to live, he survived for 4. Ahmed Givens should sue their buts off. Nobody should die because their doctors are to arrogant to do their job. Their nothing but garbage men.

sweetesha34

I was in love with you and still is. You have gits to be the strongest one of them all. I am praying for a speedy recovery. God has the final word on all of our lives. He brought you to it and he will bring you through it. You will be ok. Love you dearly Mr. Real!

sexyladycatrina

MR. REAL I've loved you from the start your my favorite with your sexy smile and long black hair. Babe don't let them doctors get you down and out everything we go through is in God's hands and he has the last word on everything and i know he has your back always did and always will. i prat that your recovery is fast

sexyladycatrina

*pray that your recovery is fast* and your back on your feet in no time stay strong my sexy black king ;-)

Jane

I had Stage III Colon Cancer in 2004. Went through extensive chemo(became very sick which is normal) bu here I am in 2013 healthy and well. No sign of cancer. I am rechecked every year. By the way, I am now 74 y/o. You have a better chance at your young age. Good luck my boy.

ec

Help “Real” beat colon cancer. Donate here:http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/lw32/cancerfundforreal?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=Isupport

“After going to the doctor and having multiple test ran, Real was unfortunately diagnosed with Stage Four Colon Cancer.

The symptoms were first introduced to Real (Ahmad Givens) Upon the start of the new year. Real, who is well known for staring in multiple hit reality shows originally thought he had a normal flu or virus, being that he was in a state of great health, preparing to shoot his new Reality Series due to air late 2013. After going to the doctor and having multiple test ran, Real was unfortunately diagnosed with Stage Four Colon Cancer. Anybody that knows Real knows that he is a tough, strong, spiritual individual, and will fight this off. The Givens family currently has Real being treated at Cedars Sinai. Real is trying to stay positive and make a full recovery. He appreciates all his friends, family, and fans for helping him get through in this time of need. Chris Abrego (51 Minds Producer), and many entertainers have been reaching out to Real and the Givens family, Trying to figure out the best way to Raise Funds for Real’s Illness due to his insurance only covering 40% of his medical bills.”

ed mack

im sadden to hear that.
but im keeping the faith at the same time
wishing you all the best

AmyBee

I'm really bummed out by this. He's such a nice guy. I'm really hoping its a misdiagnosis, or at the very least, not as bad as initially thought.

Timothy Tyree

nutrition is the only answer at this point I've seen this many times and love turning it around. He can't get what he needs from food he must use supplementation. Please contact me I will be thrilled to help. (timtyree87@gmail.com)

Timothy Tyree

I would love to help in this situation and see it completely turn around please contact me so I can make sure he gets the supplementation he needs. (timtyree87@gmail.com)

ulanda

i hope u get better sweet i will keep u in my parys