Ashley Greene

West Hollywood Condo

Up in Flames

3/22/2013 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322_ahsley_green__apartment_PCN
update_bar
3:30 PM PT -- TMZ has learned, a candle was responsible for starting the fire.

12:16 PM PT -- A firefighter tells us ... Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were out late last night and were sleeping when the fire broke out on the living room sofa.  They ran out of the apartment, and then realized the dogs were still there.  The 2 men tried to get back in to rescue them but couldn't.  We're told Ashley wanted to keep the dog that died, so firefighters wrapped it in a sheet and gave it either to Ashley or one of the 2 guys.

11:50 AM PT
-- A firefighter and a neighbor on scene just told TMZ ... one of the dogs died at the scene ... under the bed.  We have been told a second dog is expected to be taken to Animal Control ... to be checked out. And, we're told several other residents tried to fight the blaze with fire extinguishers.  They were covered in soot.

11:15 AM PT
-- Residents in the building who live near Ashley tell TMZ ... Ashley's brother and assistant had been going in and out of the condo all morning.  One resident says she heard glass exploding in Ashley's condo.  The woman says Ashley's toy fox terriers were inside the unit.   As we reported, one dog was definitely saved.

0314_divider_graphic
"Twilight" star Ashley Greene's home has been burnt to a crisp ... after a fire ripped through her West Hollywood condo, TMZ has learned ... but luckily, one of her dogs was saved.  We know Ashley has 2 dogs, and we don't know the status of the second.

Marlo is a girl and Theo is a boy ... we're not sure which died.

0322-ashley-greene-dogs
At least 10 fire trucks swarmed to the 7-story building moments ago to extinguish the blaze. The full extent of the damage is unclear ... but a photo agency has released shots of the aftermath inside the apartment.

032213_ashley_greene_fire_launch_v2
We don't know if Ashley was home at the time.  One fireman told TMZ ... the fire started on a sofa.

Three people were treated for minor injuries.

0322-ashley-greene-fire-tmz

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

debbie

By reading alot of these responses, it amazes me how many sick and twisted people there are in the world. Just because you don't like a movie, you think it's funny that someone's house burned down. And that a poor little dog that lost his life. What is wrong with you people. There's alot of actors I don't care for either. But I would never find pleasure in someone else's heartache.

Suzi

That makes me so sad, the poor dog! EVERYTHING else can be replaced. Never a dogs love. That is no way to go. I am glad she and others are ok. I feel terrible that the dog didn't make it. ;'(

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

It amazes me that you don't realize TMZ completely edited this story after many of those comments were posted. TMZ said she wasn't there and neither was the other dog.

Larry

Ashley my heart goes out yo you not only are you an extreamly talented actress, but you are gorgeous as well and I know all to well how much loosing a pet can be. I hope you can find a way to deal with this tragedy and know that I an pryaing and giving my support to you as well.

MichAng

Awww they ran back to save the dogs!!! I would do the same.

Ladyva

aww ... rip doggie :( terrible accident , sorry Ashley .

bring back recent posts

..." burn't too a crisp"....WHY??????????????????...do u azzholes write this stuff....so disappointed in u....grow some balls and expand your conversation too get hits on threads..throw a little compassion..won't hurt..try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kenna

How are you gonna leave your burning condo without taking your dogs with you? Idiot!

Maritza

How irresponsible! Common sense tells you to never ever leave candles on. Now even her dog died and who knows if her neighbors can't even go back to their apartments because of the smoke and damage.

Kamali

Deepest Sympathy on the loss of your sweet little furbaby, he/she is at thr Rainbow Bridge, restored to health and watching over you from there. If you are't familiar with the Rainbow Bridge Poem, you can Bing it. Sincerely, Shawn, Her 10 Rescues & 1 Itty Bitty Foster (Please don't Shop, Adopt)

Leslie May

I feel very sad for her right now. She has lost all her belongings even though she has money it was still special to her. Lets not all forget that we r equal and hurt the same way. Sorry for ur loss especially ur beloved dog. Iam and animal lover and couldn't even imagine how that would of felt to b handed one of my baby's. Don't read ugly comments Ashley ur better then thAt. Mistakes happen. God bless u and ur family at this horrible time.

Leslie May

I do agree with CJ 12 I think it is. Let her be and let everyone do their job. Did u get ur kicks out of filming that video while she was crying. Ashley pls read rainbow bridge poem I promise ur heart will feel a little better if u haven't already read it. Make a post and let us know u r ok or atleast on twitter pls. Let us know what u think bout rainbow bridge poem. Many thanks to u. I had chance to meet the producer Wyck Godfrey and a few other cast Mates at kickoff party n Baton Rouge a couple of years ago when y'all first starting shooting down here. Very sweet people especially Wyck Godfrey and Rob Pattinson truly an honor. U r welcomed n Baton Rouge anytime. God Bless.

Brandee Hollingsworth

I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby about 5 years ago I got trapped in my house with a fire raging trying to save my fur babies and still lost my oldest so my heart is with y'all's on your time of grief

Fae Orsi

Grateful of the lives that were saved...Take care...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5