TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene

West Hollywood Condo

Up in Flames

3/22/2013 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322_ahsley_green__apartment_PCN
update_bar
3:30 PM PT -- TMZ has learned, a candle was responsible for starting the fire.

12:16 PM PT -- A firefighter tells us ... Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were out late last night and were sleeping when the fire broke out on the living room sofa.  They ran out of the apartment, and then realized the dogs were still there.  The 2 men tried to get back in to rescue them but couldn't.  We're told Ashley wanted to keep the dog that died, so firefighters wrapped it in a sheet and gave it either to Ashley or one of the 2 guys.

11:50 AM PT
-- A firefighter and a neighbor on scene just told TMZ ... one of the dogs died at the scene ... under the bed.  We have been told a second dog is expected to be taken to Animal Control ... to be checked out. And, we're told several other residents tried to fight the blaze with fire extinguishers.  They were covered in soot.

11:15 AM PT
-- Residents in the building who live near Ashley tell TMZ ... Ashley's brother and assistant had been going in and out of the condo all morning.  One resident says she heard glass exploding in Ashley's condo.  The woman says Ashley's toy fox terriers were inside the unit.   As we reported, one dog was definitely saved.

0314_divider_graphic
"Twilight" star Ashley Greene's home has been burnt to a crisp ... after a fire ripped through her West Hollywood condo, TMZ has learned ... but luckily, one of her dogs was saved.  We know Ashley has 2 dogs, and we don't know the status of the second.

Marlo is a girl and Theo is a boy ... we're not sure which died.

0322-ashley-greene-dogs
At least 10 fire trucks swarmed to the 7-story building moments ago to extinguish the blaze. The full extent of the damage is unclear ... but a photo agency has released shots of the aftermath inside the apartment.

032213_ashley_greene_fire_launch_v2
We don't know if Ashley was home at the time.  One fireman told TMZ ... the fire started on a sofa.

Three people were treated for minor injuries.

0322-ashley-greene-fire-tmz

116 COMMENTS

No Avatar
1.

IwuvTMZ    

It's smokey in there.

549 days ago
2.

PJ in Texas    

Yup ...

549 days ago
3.

D-INCARNATION    

It's right behind TMZ

549 days ago
4.

Out_Of_This_Planet    

Must be another bad apple product left on the couch.

549 days ago
5.

malia    

Twilight didn't pay her well.

549 days ago
6.

bbb1bbb2    

Oh No and I hope it wasn't Her Condo wasn't up in Flames .

549 days ago
7.

Nate    

Oh no puppy! :(

549 days ago
8.

Simone    

That's very scary. I hope both of her dogs are safe.

549 days ago
9.

Cat    

You know its never a good party till someone lights the sofa on fire!!! HA! HA!

549 days ago
10.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey    

Don't leave your crack pipe on sofa.

549 days ago
11.

LiberalsAreRuiningAmerica    

Who cares about a dog

549 days ago
12.

Decker    

Ashtons Punk'd episodes just getting mean now.

549 days ago
13.

static    

NFI who she is but I hope there were no injuries.

549 days ago
14.

kenblazed    

Who is she?? And did anyone question the 2 ppl that were in and out??.... Where was Lindsay??

549 days ago
15.

kenblazed    

Twilight.... The poor man's UNDERWORLD

549 days ago
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web