Ashley Greene Fire

Candle Triggered Blaze

3/22/2013 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz
We now know what caused the fire at Ashley Greene's condo that killed her beloved dog -- an unattended candle ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they have already done a preliminary investigation and determined the candle lit the living room couch on fire -- a fire which spread throughout the unit.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the blaze erupted.

In addition to the dog ... 3 people in the building were injured.

buzz kill

Sleeping or passed out? The dog was stoned and knocked the candle over.

HtotheT

This is incredibly sad about the dog's life being taken. Hopefully the other one doesn't have any medical issues from smoke inhalation.

I've known two people who left lit candles at home, then went on a quick jaunt to the store--only to arrive home and see everything up in flames. One was an artist whose entire works were destroyed--along with her cat dying. The other one was a secretary whose dog perished.

Use COMMON SENSE, people. Though, actually, these days it's more like UNCOMMON SENSE.

Luck of the Draw

You mean, Ryan Phillippe was there, too?
Why not say his name instead of "Ashley Greene's boyfriend"?

verlinda

Stupid

sowhat

YEY....THE CANDLE THAT LIT THE PIPE

spectator72

Sorry about your dog

LISA

I know this story sounds crazy, but after last night, I can believe it. The wood stove in my living room malfunctioned while I was upstairs last night. I was gone less than 5 minutes when the smoke alarm went off. I ran down and found the stove door wide open, the fire blazing, grey ashes everywhere and small bits of burnt wood smoldering on the carpet.

The smoke was so heavy, I was coughing. I shut the door, poured water on the carpet and opened the sliding doors and windows. It took 1 1/2 hours to air the house out, and another hour this morning to clean up the ashes. I found a chunk of coal inside a cardboard box about 4 feet away from the stove!

The dog was with me and didn’t bark. If I had taken her for a walk, or was sleeping, who knows what would have happened? My point is; fire is fast and hard to outrun – even with smoke alarms.

romba

What a stupid ****. Better for her to have been burned beyond all recognition and forced to get rotting skin scraped off her entire body with steel wool several times a day for years than for the innocent dog to have been burned alive.

Ali

I don't even know who she is but my heart breaks for her and the loss of her dog. That is my one big fear, that one of our pets will die in a fire. So sad.

smurfya

Women don't respect fire and this is what happens!

CastleGreySkull

Selena Gomez and Waka Flocka???

Acid Angel

Who is Ashley Greene ? never heard of her.

MichAng

She's Alice Cullen from the Twilight movies...y'all bunch of idiots...oh that poor dog. Poor Ashley :(

Stillwaters

If two people other people were injured, hate to say it, she should have her lawyers on deck.

ABB

I feel bad for all hurt and that's why I hate any candles inside our home.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments