TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene Fire

Candle Triggered Blaze

3/22/2013 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0322-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz
We now know what caused the fire at Ashley Greene's condo that killed her beloved dog -- an unattended candle ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they have already done a preliminary investigation and determined the candle lit the living room couch on fire -- a fire which spread throughout the unit.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the blaze erupted.

In addition to the dog ... 3 people in the building were injured.

103 COMMENTS

No Avatar

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
61.

Spicy mag    

Who?

476 days ago
62.

Ting    

No smoke detector or fire alarm to alert the other residents in the building? For the look of the damage it looks like the fire burnt for a long time before it was noticed. My smoke alarm goes off if I burn food.

476 days ago
63.

Lance     

nobody burns a candle at 10am. they were up all night freebasing. the girl is a ****ing trainwreck.

476 days ago
64.

cobrazombie    

The way electricity prices are rising due to GREED, I expect to see more people using candles.

476 days ago
65.

TED DIXON    

Who's the guy in the picture?
I tnink you have a genuine apparition with a a beard, in a smoking jacket, bending to possibly pick something up (behind the centre chair.).

476 days ago
66.

Twilightchick    

That's crazy that she left a candle burning with two dogs in the room while she slept. Me I love candles but I blow them out if I'm leaving the room, let alone going to sleep. So sad and senseless. Still, my prayers go out to her.

468 days ago
67.

Cynthia Maria Costa    

I'm prefer that Ashley needs to have battery in the candles, so she don't have use fire for candles that's why I have battery in the candles and tree....

321 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Around The Web