Gucci Mane

Arrest Warrant Issued

After Soldier Claims Assault

3/23/2013 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0909_gucci-mane_tmzAn arrest warrant has been issued for rapper Gucci Mane after a soldier claims he tried to get a picture with Mane, but instead was hit over the head with a bottle.

The soldier (only identified as James) told WSBTV in Atlanta that he saw Mane at a club on March 25. James says he went over to the VIP area where Mane was hanging out and asked the security guard if he could get a photo with Mane.

James claims he was talking to the security guard and explaining that he was in the military when Mane hit him in the head with a bottle. James says his head wound required 10 stitches.

James says he is in the Army and was stationed in Afghanistan until last October.

Lt. Jeff Cantin of the Atlanta Police Department told the station, "We do have an active warrant for Mr. Davis for aggravated assault. So I'm sure after he sees this, I'm sure he'll want to reach out and contact us."

rnsone

Send Mane and his crew to Afghanistan and see how they hold up. Better yet send them to Kony....

SDnRnRoll

I will wait for a real news org to cover this and reveal the true story, TMZ always fvcks up at least partially.

Beetlejuice

why to honor the military Pryck

Snyderwife

So this assault took place in the future?? Cuz March 25 isn't until this coming Monday....just saying.

burning_plastic

This "soldier" gets nothing. Being in the military doesn't give you the right to go up to someone and "explin you are in the military" while you're drunk at a club and ask to take a picture. This guy thought Gucci Mane was supposed to throw him a parade because he joined the army. And now he wants money? Obviously not a good example of a soldier.

GoodOnPaper

rhis thug punk hasn't an ounce of "MAN"... a second thought would have seen the soldier happily moving along with his rep intact. Cowards rap. Real men fight for their country.

DeeMaree

Fox News is reporting this happened March 16. You know there is no proof reading at tmz.

plax

who give a **** that a soldier got bottled... why is this news... ****in only saw this cause it was on my fb but then looked down at the comments.... i can believe ppl r this stupid god bless america? i guess..

chris

A rapper involved in an assault???? what is this world coming to? sound like the brother need to chill down and be cool with some Sizzurp.

Danielle123

I can't see anyone just randomly hitting a guy in the was with a bottle, just out of the blue like that. Unless GM was intoxicated and began to get annoyed by the guy. That's the only scenario I can come up with and even that seems like a stretch. There is definitely more to the story.

OSA MAN

This story if fake as ****. Just a lame ass dude looking for an easy check. This story does not sound credible at all. EAST SIDE SHAWTY #StayUp #****Lames

tal0822

This time it wasn't just some guy that a loser rapper assaulted, it was a solider. I hope he sues Pucci for all he's worth.

Ryan Lucas

Absolutely hate to even say this...met Gucci at local mall about 3 years ago. I was with my girlfriend at the time, who happened to be a very attractive blonde. There were probably a hundred people in the Foot Locker store we were shopping at when we realized all the extra people were there just to scope him out. Gucci refused to even acknowledge anyone's presence. Asking his business manager if my girl could take a picture, he said yes, and was very nice, even offering us complimentary tickets to the show that evening, being the reason he was in our town. While Gucci was shopping, the manager told him I would be taking a picture of him with the girl. She said hello, how are you doing, etc., and he didn't say a single word to her. We were lucky he even faced my camera for the photo. Literally a hundred other fans outside store, and Gucci didn't look at a single one of them. If she wasn't a young, attractive blonde, there was NO way we would of been allowed to have that "honor" of snapping a photo. Following the picture, I profusely thanked him, and put my hand out to shake his. Again, he said not a single word, and as he was wearing sunglasses, I couldn't verify he even looked in my direction when I was attempting to thank him, or even the picture I had just taken. At this time, my hand is still outright, anticipating a handshake from my favorite rapper. Gucci proceeds to stretch his arm out, and rather than shake my hand, he literally swats my hand down from the elbow/forearm. He would not even shake my hand. I have told this story to countless people. However, in no way was I upset, as I believe at that pinnacle in his career, he had deserved that honor, and I may have been slightly starstruck. Further, I realized we were going to indeed be the only people lucky enough to take a picture with him, and at least, technically, I got to speak to him, and make some contact. Again, I was, and am not, upset in any way. We proceeded to watch him leave the store, and the mall, thoroughly engulfed by his entourage, not making eye contact, or even uttering a single word to any of the 100+ fans that had been waiting outside the store. I love Gucci, and he deserves the highest respect, however, polishing his social skills would undoubtedly be to his benefit.

Ryan Lucas