« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Paul Bearer

Heart Attack Killed Him

3/23/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_articleWWE legend Paul Bearer died from a heart attack ... Paul's son tells TMZ ... and the sad part, it could easily have been prevented.

Michael Moody tells us, Paul's death certificate lists the cause of the heart attack as supraventricular tachycardia or SVT -- a dangerously high heart rate.

But here's the thing ... we spoke to a cardiologist who tells us, SVT is quite common and if treated, usually isn't deadly. SVT's symptoms are similar to anxiety and heartburn ... so people tend to ignore it, which is what likely happened to Paul.

Michael says doctors believe his dad -- real name Bill Moody -- had been struggling with SVT in the last few weeks of his life.

Paul was 58.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

KicksandGiggles

Life is about choices. Ok enough now. RIP guy.

karlew

They're absolutely correct. I suffer from SVP as well, two tiny little pink pills a day and my heart rate comes right down to normal and keeps my blood pressure down as well. How unfortunate he didn't get his symptoms checked out, especially with his weight.

Lee

How many pall bearers did it take to carry his casket? Or did they use a crane?

MsRita

Was that his real face? OMG that was ugly f u c k

buzz kill

Sad, to bad he didn't take better care of himself. RIP

David

Heartless comments as usual.

U.S. Anti-Drug Think Tank

Requiem To Paul Bearer God said to me He took you, and left Vince McMahon, bec He needed you to be the Manager for the new Pope Francis. Life's last "Tombstone Pipe Driver" took you too early. If it's any condolence, you never looked better, than at the Funeral Parlor. Everybody wanted to be your pallbearer, Paul Bearer. You were the best of WWE and all of TV. You n the laugh of Tony Atlas. To you n your family, God bless you n thank you. Tks for all your hard work n their sacrifices that let you work. God made you ugly to make us ugly people happy. See you in Eternity. Amen.

Just Becky

Weight has nothing to do with it. I've been living with SVT since my early 30's and was working out 2 hours a day. I know a marathon runner that lives with it. Heart rate can get up into the 200's so I'm not sure why he didn't see a doctor as it's extremely uncomfortable and you know somethings wrong. Very sad...

USA#1

R.I.P. William Moody

catmom72

SERIOUSLY, those of you "claiming" to be fans must not be, & the rest of you are nasty a $ $ as if you knew anything, you would know he had gastric bypass surgery several years ago, losing several hundred (300) lbs-it makes me so angry when people are so unkind, ever heard of "BULLY" ?!

bbwlover1969

My condolences to his family but I think he would be happy knowing that his death is being used for Undertakers Wrestlania storyline lol.

arale norimaki

wrestling is dead now, im just reminiscing on the good ol days

Undertaker

His name is William moody and not bill moody

Jasli Maldonado