« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Paul Bearer

Heart Attack Killed Him

3/23/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_articleWWE legend Paul Bearer died from a heart attack ... Paul's son tells TMZ ... and the sad part, it could easily have been prevented.

Michael Moody tells us, Paul's death certificate lists the cause of the heart attack as supraventricular tachycardia or SVT -- a dangerously high heart rate.

But here's the thing ... we spoke to a cardiologist who tells us, SVT is quite common and if treated, usually isn't deadly. SVT's symptoms are similar to anxiety and heartburn ... so people tend to ignore it, which is what likely happened to Paul.

Michael says doctors believe his dad -- real name Bill Moody -- had been struggling with SVT in the last few weeks of his life.

Paul was 58.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IwuvTMZ

News still coming out?

just because

i didn't give a S

rudynjudyjudy

EKG?

CrimsonLove81

All that could come to mind reading headline:NO SH¡T?! Still, RIP. He was very much a part of my childhood whwn I first saw him with Undertaker at age 5.

Lucky_130

WOW, I would have never guessed he died of a heart attack! Its a good thing this website got around to making a whole story about it, I was losing sleep over it

Toallthehatersoftheworld

I wonder is it because he was overwieght

Mustard

I know tmz has a lot of viewers from the 80's and 90's but do we really need a story everyday on this guy. Yeah wrestling was great before mma but now it's a joke and I hardly think several stories on this fat man are warranted

rudynjudyjudy

rudyNjudyjudy

LadyN

It's always sad when someone passes away but so much sadder when the situation that caused the death could have been treated and the person could have had many more years left to live.RIP..

shush

My father has svt

Lee

Shocking! A morbidly obese person had a heart attack? No!

McSmack

A Heart Attack? Really? What gave you that clue?

Nun ja biz

Regardless of you all not being surprised he had a heart attack, it is still very sad.

Bravo600

My sincere sympathies to the family; it is so hard to lose someone you love regardless of the cause. However, not knowing him, I find it hard to feel sorry for him as his lifestyle choices may have determined his longevity. All of society ends up paying through exorbitant taxes for the healthcare of others who make bad choices. Why do I have to pay for those who smoke, overeat, abuse drugs or do not get exercise (general statement - not specific to Bearer)? There should be a separate insurance (with low premiums) for those who chose to remain healthy. Of course, illness, accidents, and disease can strike anyone – I am talking about only those people who consciously make bad lifestyle choices. Loved Jerry Garcia’s music – but really, a new liver?

Misfitttt

taking an asprin twice a week prevents **** like this.. jut saying

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments