TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene

Condo Fire Officially

ACCIDENTAL

3/25/2013 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0325-ashley-greene-fire-inside-tmz-3
It's case closed for the Ashley Greene condo fire ... TMZ has learned, the devastating flames that ripped through the actress' L.A. apartment Friday have officially been ruled an accident.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, the L.A. Fire Department and the insurance company -- all of which opened an arson investigation -- are in lockstep ... the fire occurred as the result of carelessness.

TMZ broke the story ... the fire started when an unattended candle accidentally lit Ashley's living room couch ablaze.

Building sources tell us, at least four neighboring units were significantly damaged from the blaze.  Insurance agents are expected to stop by today to start the claims process.

As we previously reported, Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping in the condo when the fire erupted. One of Ashley's two dogs perished.

19 COMMENTS

No Avatar
16.

Tania    

Okay call me stupid but I'm failing to see where it says that she was the one who lit the candle, yes it may of been her home but that doesn't mean to say that she was the one who lit it.

552 days ago
17.

Kevin Dawson    

Most accidental candle fires like this can be prevented!
Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly.

If a Kevin's Kandle is left unattended - it will go out; if it is tipped over - it will go out!

Ideal for Emergency and Disaster Preparedness.
Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires in our communities
by visiting www.asafercandle.com

520 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2

Around The Web