« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kordell Stewart

SLASHES Marriage

to 'Real Housewives' Star

3/26/2013 7:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0326_kordell_porsha
Kordell Stewart -- the former Pittsburgh Steelers star -- has filed for divorce from his reality star wife Porsha Williams ... TMZ has learned.

According to Fulton County Superior Court in Georgia, the 40-year-old NFL alum -- who went by the nickname "Slash" during his playing days -- filed for divorce on March 22.

Stewart and Williams were married on May 21, 2011 -- they have no children together. Stewart has a son from a previous relationship.

Williams currently stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta."

The issue of children came up often on the reality show -- Porsha wanted to have kids AND a career in charity work ... but Kordell told her she had to choose.

update_bar
2:10 PM PT -- Porsha says she was blindsided by Kordell's divorce filing, claiming she learned about it from a website.

7:49 AM PT -- According to the divorce docs, obtained by TMZ, Kordell says the marriage is "irretrievably broken" ... and claims the two are currently separated.

It seems Kordell also believes he shouldn't have to pay Porsha a single cent in spousal support ... claiming, "[She's] an able-bodied person, earning income and is capable of supporting herself."

Kordell also says there are no marital assets subject to division ... which suggests there is a prenuptial agreement in play.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kaleema

he married a beautiful immature and shallow woman with child like behavior and she found her money pot..... What's the problem!?! I thought all was perfect.. SMH

Belle

Porsha had a nice side, sometimes. What I had issue with was how she opened the show with that statement "People say I have a picture perfect life and I DO" This always made me nervous. Who says that? However I know the show itself orchestrated such a foolish statement. She also ragged too much on Kenya. all of these sisters are essentially stupid buy why call Kenya old at 41 when you are 31 yourself. Kordell sounds like he was Gay but that 15 Million had you going sister. Check out what P. Diddy and the likes of Michael Jordan have in their war chests. In comparison, Kordell is not the Bees Knees. After saying all that, I still found her very sweet to Kordell but still sucking up too much and talking about others who weren't married. Pay Back is a B*tch, ain't it. Kordell wasn't thinking "Picture Perfect".

TIA MORRIS

SMH

Joyce

No spousal support. Boo Hoo. What is Porscha going to do without her pool and her wine and expensive gowns. I bet her smile has disappeared. Kordell

Jody Terry

He is a control freak never did like this guy. Porsha it is a blessing in deguise.

LezleeJ

I'm sad to hear that, but looking back @ all their clips; he was a bit short, snappy, and slightly rude with her always. He was probably so thankful & glad that she couldn't conceive ... Wow how she wanted a family, He really was a JERK!

candylandVA

congratulations, porcha!!! he was just a stepping stone anyway.....

LRN

Help remove barriers to APRN practice. Please sign petition & pass on to everyone you know. http://wh.gov/HqLx Goal is 100k to sign by 4/22/13.

Smooth Criminal

I heard he's been taking a dip in the hershy hide away! Ask him how many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll.

MissCane

I wonder his son's mother will say about that.
Porsha's a ho and she wants to get paid.
Plain and Simple.
Good luck

MissCane

Seriously. The MOST STUPID argument. His son Syre, is being raised by his mother!
Porsha is able bodied, employed, had No Children and was married for only two years. If she didn't know who she was marrying she even dumber than I thought. If she did, she didn't care.
Now she wants exclusive rights to the house and alimony. I didn't like Kordell that much either but he needs to hurry up and kick this ho to the curb.

cberard777

She threw him under the bus. She could have polite stated "I not in to trip club or whatever else she didn't like to do. I just believe she used Kordell has a scapegoat and that wasn't fair to him.

lablover66

PORSHA KARMA BITCH. FOR ALL THE POISON THAT SPILLED OUT OF YOU MOUTH ABOUT MY GIRL KENYA THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT. NOW HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SAYING **** ABOUT HER NOT BEING MARRIED. YOU LIKED WALTER SO MUCH AND THAT WAS ONLY TO DRIVE KENYA CRAZY AND COME TO FIND OUT KORDELL AND WALTER ARE GAY. HAHAHAHAHA THAT BIT YOU IN THE ASS DIDENT IT. I ALWAYS SAY - WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. YOU NEED TO KEEP THAT IN MIND IN THE FUTURE. GROW UP!

Marc

Kenya is very smart, very professional, very much in control but..... I think she has been scorn by events in her life and that is why she has no patience for nonsense, and you know what? I don't blame her but, she needs to lighten up a little... Call me Baby

MelodySage

For all you He-Man Woman Haters who call Porsha greedy, we have Kordell on camera (via RHOA) telling Porsha that he doesn't want her to have a career, and Porsha tearfully pleading with him to reconsider. If you want the traditional housewife (which he did) when you want to end it, you get the traditional divorce i.e. HALF.