« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kordell Stewart

SLASHES Marriage

to 'Real Housewives' Star

3/26/2013 7:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0326_kordell_porsha
Kordell Stewart -- the former Pittsburgh Steelers star -- has filed for divorce from his reality star wife Porsha Williams ... TMZ has learned.

According to Fulton County Superior Court in Georgia, the 40-year-old NFL alum -- who went by the nickname "Slash" during his playing days -- filed for divorce on March 22.

Stewart and Williams were married on May 21, 2011 -- they have no children together. Stewart has a son from a previous relationship.

Williams currently stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta."

The issue of children came up often on the reality show -- Porsha wanted to have kids AND a career in charity work ... but Kordell told her she had to choose.

update_bar
2:10 PM PT -- Porsha says she was blindsided by Kordell's divorce filing, claiming she learned about it from a website.

7:49 AM PT -- According to the divorce docs, obtained by TMZ, Kordell says the marriage is "irretrievably broken" ... and claims the two are currently separated.

It seems Kordell also believes he shouldn't have to pay Porsha a single cent in spousal support ... claiming, "[She's] an able-bodied person, earning income and is capable of supporting herself."

Kordell also says there are no marital assets subject to division ... which suggests there is a prenuptial agreement in play.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sherae

1.) I say good for her. That man is a chauvinistic control freak. Run, Porsha. Run! And take half!

2.) She is officially a member of the Real Housewives franchise. Everyone on that show gets divorced.

joclo

Woooow! She's too good for him anyway... He's so tough and boring...I'm glad she'll be rid of him! Perfect now he can go get a white woman who will put up with his bullish

joclo

jules

I watched the show, he came across as a total ass, jerk and a piss poor excuse for a spouse in the wrong century.

Gretchen

I'm not all that impressed with Kordell either as he seems to be very, very controlling and alot about me, me, me.........pay attention to me but..............Porsha is something else. I mean when she said there are 265 days in a year I almost fell off my chair!!! And when they were talking about children and her having time to take care of them she said "I'll just get a nanny"-yea, like it's that simple. Sorry Porsha but obviously Kordell isn't going to give you everything you want!

SUNIA3

Saw that one coming from a block away without my glasses. He is a total ass!

acm

He is a controlling hypocrite. Porsha will need a lot of support now and I feel for her. Kordell was putting on an act. Good lucky to you, Porsha!!

myopinion

I knew it wouldn't last!

KicksandGiggles

Even Stevie Wonder could see Kordell was a disinterested partner in this marriage production. THANK GOODNESS there are no kids. Kordell's dna should go no further. HEY PORSHA: At least you can cut the lights on now in the bedroom!!!!

Jay

So many folks call him "controlling", yet when the roles are reversed and we see far more common media image of the woman controlling and telling the man what to do, she is described as "strong".

Rhoa fan

Sorry to see that happen to her. She was a real woman and did everything to try and please her husband and to be a great wife. I hope she find a good man and get her baby and have her career. Much love Porsche! You can have it all

Snowballx

ALL HE DID was mentally abuse her/ control her life. She's had dreams he stopped her for achieving. I'm happy she can hopefully be able to move on with her life from that psycho Kordell.

XOR

This is not shocking. He seems controlling and arrogant and she comes off as a dingy brat. Just sayin'.

WiddoMouse

She is a very young woman. I hope she finds a nice guy who will love her and want to have children with her.

Sherms

I feel badly for her, although he seems like a real controlling prick.