Paul Anka

RIPS Jay-Z

Rapper DISRESPECTED Me

3/26/2013 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

032613_paul_anka_launch
Paul Anka -- one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time -- is calling out Jay-Z ... telling TMZ the rapper treated him like a chump ... and now Anka is PISSED.

Anka was outside Madeo restaurant in L.A. last night, when we asked about his upcoming album "Duets" -- which features collaborations with legends like Willie Nelson, Gloria Estefan and Dolly Parton.

But you know who isn't on the album? Jigga ... because according to Anka, Mr. Knowles didn't have the common courtesy to return a simple phone call!!!

Anka says he feels completely disrespected -- and says Jay acted "inappropriately" towards him ... especially since Jay once sampled Anka's biggest hit "My Way" on a rap song.

Now, Anka is escalating his anger into a full on war of the music titans -- and even took a shot back at Jay-Z.

Not many people in the music biz would have the stones to go after Hova ... then again, not many people would have the stones to disrespect Anka either.

Supr Dav

Jayzee insulted the intelligence of everyone faking Beyonce's pregnancy.

Laura

Maybe Jay-Z knew about Anka's new book, which trashes and disrespects all the greats he used to call his friends--like Sinatra, John Kennedy, and many more. His book is painful for their families and friends. Maybe Jay-Z is part of Anka's karma coming back to bite him in the ass.

Cam

He doesn't seem that mad....oh wait it's the plastic surgery. Gets you everytime

kenblazed

Paul who?...

Arcadia Rink

"Jigga ... because according to Anka, Mr. Knowles didn't have the common courtesy to return a simple phone call!!! "

MR. KNOWLES!!! LOL. That's Beyonce's last name! His last name is Carter.

Pudding Tang

What do you expect from a piece of feces Paul?... All these no talent hacks like Jay Z know how to do is sample others' work. Their shallow audience eats it up like it's original.

Danielle123

I can't believe he's upset over a phone call. That is only something rich people get upset about, I swear. "I'm Paul Anka. How dare he snub me!" Get over it. Jay Z owes Anka nothing. As long as he was paid for his sample, he can move on along.

truthiness

Get over it you old coot.

Shanky Dog

Not the first time a person has been disrespected by Gay Z. He thinks he is BIGger then the industry ask Dame.

grammaj

Paul Anka is/was a super star in his day. If someone doesn't want to sing with him that is their right, although a phone call to decline is the right thing to do. I don't believe Anka should
call out JayZ until he finds out if JayZ was even told about his request. From what I have seen, JayZ is a very nice guy.

Yada yada ya

Never understood why people think rappers have talent! Their music sucks!!! All of it

BB not bb

Jay Zee always looked like a nitwit to me. He named himself after the J and Z lines of the NYC subway trains. If I saw that guy walking around, I would think he was a chump. He uses other people's talents cause he has no soul of his own. I liked his duet on the Empire State of Mind song, but that was probably cause he had the help on it.

He uses people to boost himself up. I don't think he cares about music or collaboration. Anka is probably better off without him. I don't think Anka's audience are the type to like Jay Zee anyway.

lyn parker

PAUL I AM ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!PLEASE TELL JZ & HIS WIFE TO STOP WEARING DEAD TORTURED ANIMALS ON THEIR BACKS.......THESE 2 ARE DISGUSTING......KARMA IS ON IT'S WAY PAUL FOR THESE 2 IDIOTS..:-)

speaking

Jay-Z didn't call Robert DeNiro back either. You can see in interviews, that dude has no self-confidence anymore. Did Beyonce run away with it? Sad. Plus, he is highly arrogant. Paul Anka should have called T.I. He is wayyyy more down to earth and real.

Queen.of.the.Obvious

Robert De Niro said the SAME thing about Jay-Z, too. Apparently, the guy doesn't like to return phone calls.....