Pat Houston

Cops Called for

Suicide Scare

3/26/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0326-pat-houston-tmz
Whitney Houston
's sister-in-law Pat Houston was moments from taking her own life ... or several family members thought when they called 911 -- only to discover it was a huge misunderstanding.

TMZ has learned cops and paramedics rushed to Pat's home in Alpharetta, GA today -- after receiving calls from people close to her who thought Pat had tried to commit suicide.

Here's what happened ... hours earlier Pat had posted on her Facebook page, "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges. And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."

Sources tell us several family members saw the post and were immediately concerned ... they began calling and texting Pat but got no answer. Then they went to her house, found her passed out in bed next to a pill bottle ... and decided to call 911.

We're told as soon as cops arrived, Pat woke up and explained she had simply taken pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and then gone to sleep -- unaware so many people were trying to contact her.

We're told Pat informed everyone ... she was never suicidal, the Facebook post was a result of stress.

Law enforcement tells us, Pat was taken to the hospital -- as a preventative measure -- and released a short time later.

jj

The VIP party invitations and first class treatment have ended. The bubble burst. She is now applying for jobs at McDonalds and Burger King as the fry cook.

greeknyc

must be a slow news week! whitneys sister in law?? who the hell cares?

Lee

What a waste of resources!

Waka Waka Waka

In other news peewee herman's gardners uncles kid twisted his ankle... Seriously TMZ who cares.waka waka wakaaa

dierdre

I honestly feel that this woman planned this scenario. I never liked her. Whitney I loved. There is just something about this woman Pat that annoys me. (sorry, just my opinion).

TheRealJerseyShore

I saw the headline before I saw any of the article and I was like who the F is Pat Houston. Then I saw it was Whitney's sister in law and said, wow I thought this was a celebrity website. I didn't know you all the sudden became a celebrity because Whitney died. The same goes for the kids of celebrities, they are not celebrity and most wouldn't become one.

cece

I wonder if she handled DIONNE''S finances?

Rocko

i just wasted 3 mins reading this, i won't be getting those 3 mins back.... not cool

Ozzie X

OMG that scared me.

TheRealJerseyShore

Nobody ever heard of her before Whitney died and quite frankly we shouldn't even know who she is today. Thanks for the non celeb reporting tmz.

Senseofreality

Sounds fishy to me

Senseofreality

I know they aren't kin but I swear I see a strong resemblance of Whitney in her, maybe it is just the picture.

Sue from jersey

Life is too precious to not want to be alive and healthy we all have bad days but more good days anyone out there that feels like taking their life needs to step back and remember things will get better when your alive not dead

shewentwhoa

sounded like a suicide attempt, but she didn't want to complete it.

WiddoMouse

They don't take you to the hospital just because you turn your phone off and take a nap. I do that at least once a week. Hope everything is OK in the Houston family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments