James Holmes

I'll Plead GUILTY ...

to Avoid Death Penalty

3/27/2013 1:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0327_james_holmes_getty_article

Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is prepared to enter a guilty plea in the cold-blooded killings of 12 people in exchange for life in prison instead of the death penalty ... this according to Holmes' lawyer.

Holmes' legal team offered the plea deal to prosecutors during a court session earlier today ... but according to the AP, prosecutors did not immediately accept the offer.

Prosecutors have not commented on Holmes' offer yet -- but it's likely they will consult with the families of the victims before reaching a decision.

Besides the 12 people he killed, Holmes shot an additional 58 people in the Century movie theater in Aurora, CO on the night of July 20, 2012. He was charged with 24 counts of first degree murder and 116 counts of attempted murder.

Vicky Shirah

He is clearly a sick man. What is wrong that so many people have become hard-hearted like this? I don't know the answer, but I can look at this young man's eyes and see that he is extremely mentally ill.

Leighton

I vaguely recall Holmes' family said they plan to stick by his side and support him (? If I'm remembering that correctly.) There's noway in hell I'd support any family member who did something this deplorable, atrocious, and awful. They're as crazy as he is. What the courts need to do is let him in open population and allow the other inmates to have a go at him.

TheGodfather

To bad this isn't the actual shooter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHC2wJ-_fZ4

Pablo

Homeboy doesn't want to die? I would want to die in his situation, but I realized early on that he's a cowardly and worthless piece of crap. How stupid is the state of Colorado? Were there ever a case that warranted a death penalty, I'd say this is one of those. Nonetheless, I hate prosecutors and judges and almost all of them are wretched pigs. This is not hate. This is just a true statement, so I'd appreciate you leaving it.

Dollgirl

@CALI

OFF-COURSE IM NOT! but my point is you dont see them having a fat cry and being a soreloser about it like how Americans make a big deal out of something not as bad as whats happening to worse part of the world then theirs.

Chuggly

Hell never executed anyway, so why not

amanda

Ironic when murderers are afraid of dying??? Don't you think your innocent victims would've liked the option??? I don't care where is goes as long as the inmates make the rest of his long life a living HELL!!! ROT IN PRISON DOUCHEBAG!!!

Stmarymead58

The Zimmerman brother makes statement about young black men, who have had no proofs displayed yet. But to say such things shows he is stupid and hateful, like G. Zimmerman, because young white men also can be really evil. Netherlands real question for all of us is not the color of these young men and women's skin but the state oh their minds and why and how did it come to this in America.

vettech316

put his ass to sleep - he is a poor excuse for a human being.....send him the the firing squad just like his victims!!!!!

Why'D you Drop It?!

Good, So He can Suffer

Why'D you Drop It?!

I bet You he wont last 1 year

Sapphiegirl

FRY THE PR1CK!

WOW

FRY HIS AZZ!

Nirad

That offer should not even be on the table...He needs to be executed..

ninareid

and why does someone get out of the death penalty because they confess.. seems that should get them the fast track.. no appeals.. done and done...