Matt Lauer

I'm Down w/ Anderson

Replacing Me on 'Today'

3/27/2013 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0327_matt_anderson_05
Sources connected with NBC tell TMZ ... network honchos approached Anderson Cooper about the possibility of replacing Matt Lauer on the "Today" show at some point ... not immediately but at some point.

There is a story on Deadline.com that Matt made a call to Anderson to express his disapproval   ... TMZ has confirmed that is inaccurate and that call never happened.

In fact, sources connected with the network and Lauer tell TMZ that Lauer is actually on board with the idea of Anderson replacing him ... and he actually planned to have a meeting with Anderson to sit down and discuss it. We're told Matt put that meeting on hold because of a negative article that appeared in "NY Magazine" a few days ago.

Spankyman

In my opinion they both Suck! I don't care who gets to host the Today Show because it sucks! Everything about NBC sucks. Even SNL sucks!

sueh

Matt Lauer is a scoundrel and a liar.....don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth....

chichifrogslegs

One corporate shill replaces another...yawn..

Laura

I'm an Anderon Cooper fan--hope he stays away from NBC--they seem to have so many problems.

doodoolemonque

**** the Today Show....Anderson Cooper needs to replace Trebek in 2 years.

pamdrfk

I would definately tune in to Watch Anderson! However they would need to find another person to co-host. I have been unhappy with the Ann Curry firing! Shame on them for that!

Hotlanta

What a waste to fire Ann if only to replace Matt...luv Anderson but whats wrong with fresh new faces? Do they always have to recycle?

Hamptonite

I cannot wait for Matt to leave. I had an unfortunate experience sharing our children's basketball team with Matt Lauer. all the parents out together cheering on our kids. there was self righteous Matt Lauer standing in the corner alone too good to sit with all of us.... lost all respect for the dude.

ragu4u

Seems like an even trade to me...one jerk off for another!

Sweet J

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand Matt. Enough of him already!

Mark426

Get the f### out now Mr. Douche. You're only making it worse and worse for yourself by hangin' on. No one can stand your pompous ass.

p.s. Wear a grown mans suit for a change. Peewee Herman you are not. Grow up.

StarryStarryNight

doesn't matter who replaces matt liar, i won't watch.

Tina Binkley

I would watch Anderson Cooper , but I don't like Savannah Gutherie at all ! Would love to see Erica Hill as his counterpart ! They make a great team !

hannah

Wasn't Anderson's talk show cancelled? Anderson's CNN show is on the bottom with Piers Morgan. NBC....yet another baaaaad choice. AND they wonder why they are in the dumper.

Rob

That is Lauer's way of broadcasting something positive about himself. He's not going to do anything for anyone else except himself unless he can get something out of it. Certified jerk!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments