Neighbors to Maria Shriver

TAKE DOWN YOUR XMAS LIGHTS ALREADY!!!

3/28/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0327_maria_shriver_house_christmas_lights_launchOn the 94th day of Christmas ... MARIA SHRIVER STILL HASN'T TAKEN DOWN HER CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ... and her Brentwood neighbors are starting to go all Ebenezer Scrooge ... TMZ has learned.

Sources in Maria's super fancy Brentwood community tell TMZ, the neighbors have been clucking about Maria's ultra-bright Xmas light display for weeks now ... because Christmas is long over, and the lights on the trees around her property have become an eyesore.

In fact, TMZ shot video (below) on Maria's street Tuesday night ... and her house was the ONLY ONE still sportin' the Clark Griswold treatment.

We're told the neighbors haven't approached Maria directly yet because they like her and don't want to hurt her feelings ... but in typical passive aggressive neighborly fashion, they're hoping word will make its way back to her.

If not ... she can just keep the decorations up until December -- after all, it's only another 271 days until Santa comes back to town.

032713_maria_shriver_house_launch

bud

Santa probably told her..."I'll be Back"

bud

Santa probably told her....ay'll be back'!

5Louie

Only 8 more months to go leave them getting early start, good for her.

Juan

Do not pay attention to those neighbors of yours, they just feel very jealous of how beautiful your home looks, and; most likely their homes aren't as beautiful and they can't afford to have it as nicely decorated as you. Keep on going Girl!!!!!

David Patriot

Just tell the neighbors to mind their own business.

Margie Becker

don,t you people know she is a Kennedy , she an do what she wants whether you like it or not,,,I wish she was my neighbor, I would have to tell her,, kennedys are nothing but white trash with money

jackie

I wouldn't call those christmas lights. more like decor lights, i mean target sells these things year round.. my dad has them on his deck year round

cristiana

her neighbors need to get a life!

Coleen

If the lights are the multi color Christmas lights then maybe there would be an issue....but the clear lights can be used all year around.

caroline

i wish I lived near er! I would love to see those beautiful lights every night of my life until the next christmas too!

caroline

This is America!!! She can do what she wants! Get over it!

Love the lights and who's to say they are even Christmas Lights? She needs to tell them, they are decorative! I have seen people do this after Christmas. They do leave them up because they are just so dogone pretty.. Are these neigbors against "pretty?" This is America. The lights stay! She has freedom of expression here in America and these lighst are not physically hurting anyone at all. God, what Scrooges!~~

cj pyles

Seriously this is what people who live in EXCLUSIVE neighborhoods have to bitch about. WOW...I be a lot of people would like their problems.

DougDiPlacido

First of all I am absolutely delighted that the lights were addressed as they properly are Christmas Lights. I have gotten soooooooooo sick of the term holiday lights. That is not what they are. If she wants to leave them on and they don't violate any sub division rules, then more power to her. No pun intended.

diana

this time of the year they are called garden lights--go to any nursery & buy lights year round--neighbors do
need to get a life........

Happyupriver

Make her kids do it? Mine do.