Ariel Winter

I WON'T Talk

To My Mom

3/29/2013 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0329-ariel-mother-6
Ariel Winter's lawyer told a judge today, the "Modern Family" star wants NOTHING to do with her mother ... and won't even sit in the same room with her.

Ariel's guardianship case was back in court, and mama Chrystal Workman complained ... her daughter refuses to do therapy with her mom.  Chrystal wanted the judge to force Ariel into therapy with her mom, but the judge nixed the request.

The judge said he couldn't force a teenager to have a relationship with her mom if she doesn't want it.

As we previously reported .... 15-year-old Ariel is now under the guardianship of her sister Shanelle Gray, after Ariel complained she was being physically and emotionally abused by her mom.  The court found emotional abuse and stripped Chrystal of her parental rights.

Ariel hasn't spoken with her mom in 5 months -- when the guardianship was created.

Melimo

The best thing she can do is not talk to her mom. We don't need another lilo situation with crazy parents who leech off her fame.

Amy

Smart girl.

Retail Queen

Thats what she gets..You cant force somebody to have a relationship.if you were abusive. The term mother is tossed around freely. A mother puts her childs needs before their own. Shes trying to get her claws into her bank account again.

tdr9

This is not news. Lil just released his new album. He admits he is an epileptic and is over worked and taking too much drugs, which has been causing his seizures. C'mon tmz bring some real news

Los Pepes

I love shrimp toast!

HoTMZ

Just because the mom didnt want her to have a sexual relationship with her boyfriend doesn't mean she's abusive.

LeeLoo

Being that Ariel was removed almost immediately from her mom's custody and the courts found substantial proof of emotional abuse I tend to believe that the abuse was worse than anything the rest of us will ever know. Chrystal Workman is the classic abuser. This is a woman that had no qualms about continuing to abuse both of her daughters via the media when she lost custody of Ariel by using blackmail and subsequently releasing sensitive information in an attempt to make everyone look bad. It was becoming pretty obvious pretty quickly that Chrystal was throwing a temper tantrum at the idea of losing her meal ticket child and lashed out and tried to blackmail Ariel into retracting her allegations by releasing information that should have remained private if it was even true (I have my doubts about that). I just think it's fortunate for Ariel and Shanelle that the courts, public and everyone involved saw right through it. Ariel is probably smart for refusing to do therapy with her mom. It would just give her one more opportunity to manipulate Ariel and begin the cycle of abuse all over again.

Jennifer

What a broken family. All three of them have different last names.

J

Bad mothers are the zenith in toxic relationships.

LeeLoo

Ariel recently did an article for Teen Vogue and this was one of the things she said: Her new living situation has also brought happiness in other areas of her life. "I had body insecurities when I was younger. I still do. Every girl has insecurities—mine were heightened at the time because my mother wasn't supportive," she notes. (Court do***ents filed by her sister included allegations that their mother insulted Ariel's weight and deprived her of food.) "Now, my sister is always making sure to tell me that I look beautiful." These days, self-acceptance is a message she tries to pay forward to friends and fans alike: "They'll say, 'This person's prettier,' and I'll respond, 'You are amazing, incredible, and perfect the way you are.' It's about learning to love yourself." Seriously?! Her mom is a POS. I doubt Ariel reads this stuff but in case she does....Ariel, from one abuse survivor to another do not allow this woman to abuse you ever again. You are better than that.

Wow ...

I wish Ariel well, filled with a life of love, peace and happiness.

writenow

See the "Parental Alienation" section at here. This is so not good. Teenagers are supposed to rebel, but the judge shouldn't kick a bigger hole in a broken relationship. The Judge should allow some time for repairs first.

Dennis

Be strong Ariel!!!!

DTD

Ariel is not the one who needs therapy.

PG