« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ric Flair

Son Dead at 25

3/29/2013 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0329-facebook-reid-flair
update_bar
We're told authorities received a call at 10:35 AM from someone who said he found an unresponsive person in a hotel room.  Homicide detectives responded and found Reid, who was already dead.  We're told there does not appear to be foul play.

gray-bar-update
The 25-year-old son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair is dead.

Flair's agent tells TMZ, "We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric's son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC."

The agent goes on, "The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing."

0329-subasset-ric-flair-2
Reid was an independent wrestler who was wrestling in Japan over the last few months. He even wrestled a few times in WCW as a kid (see video below).

Reid had issues with heroin in the past, and was arrested in 2009 for possession.

Ric's agent says, "No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Diamond Goddess!

R.I.P.

jj

Am I supposed to care ?

JusticeCo

Don't do drugs kids! Wooooo!!!!

granny

I just heard the news of both Reid and Ric. Haven't spoken to Ric in 20 years but my heart is broken, Reid was just a little guy with a BIG smile and Ric was so proud, my prayers go out to the family and friends. RIP you will be remembered

GoodOnPaper

RIP. Out of the grips of Heroin, finally at peace.

brenda s lucas

I know that words can not say enough for the pain and the heartache that you and family member are going through. I have been there myself I lost a 16 yr old daughter. She watched his dad Ric when she was little on up till she died. the news hits like a knife. we as parents are here to love them and to let them know that we are always there for them. what a very blessed son to have good parents as you are. so very sorry for your loss. may GOD see you through. because I had blamed GOD for the loss of my daughter but I understood that he must have needed her more to be his angel. I believe the same for your SON that GOD needed him for an angel. but my heart goes out for all of his family and friends. you all are in my prayers and thoughts.from a person who has watched all the moves of RIC sense he started wrestling.LOVE AND PRAYERS.

MsRita

His Dad was a Heiron addict so he must of died of an overdose. Drugs Kill.

Too Bad for him he got it from his dad.

total scrotal implosion

Another applied rich drugged addicted wannabe gone..good riddence

August

ANOTHER successful 12-Step religious AA/NA cult "HIGHER POWER" GRADUATE!

Doc e

Back in the eighties I hit Rick flair in the head with some rubbish I threw fom the balcony. What a great aim!!!

brenda hardy nathan

My family would like to let Ric Flair's and family know we are so sorry for the death of their son. My brother-in-law had his 19yr old daughter taken in 2004 by murder. There was 6 taken that night. Thank God all 4 was caught in 3 days. That was a mass murder in Deltona that made the news all over the world. All over a Xbox. It is hard to loose a child. Please people don't be hateful because one day it could hit your family and how you like if they said the same thing to you?My prayers are with the family of Reid.

August

How come the 12-Step religious AA/NA cult's "HIGHER POWER" didn't SAVE HIM?

Your S&M Girlfriend

I actually met the man who is " Ric Flair" once. When he was out of that persona he was a really nice, funny guy. He must be devastated. It's not such a great life.

CJ

like if you non wrestling fans know what the four fingers at the end of the video mean...rip reid

Marshall

I met the kid when he was just a little thing in Charlotte at a wrestling evebt at the time warner cable arena

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments