« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lakers Legend Jerry West

Scores Big For Son

3/30/2013 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0329_jerry_west_home_launch
L.A. Lakers legend Jerry West is a slam dunk for best dad ever ... dropping $1.3 mil on a condo for his 24-year-old son. No justice.

The 3,000-square-foot condo sits on a golf course in the exclusive MountainGate complex on L.A.'s Westside. And speaking of West and side ... the condo is 5 minutes from Jerry's estate.

The West kid will have 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, hardwood floors, high ceilings, spa tub, top-of-the-line finishes and golf course views. Homeowners dues -- $980 a month.

Jerry's motives are partially selfish ... he's a big linksman who likes to hit a few balls now and then at MountainGate.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

How do you call Jerry best dad ever when his son should have the title Laziest kid ever. The Kid does not know how to get a job and make money so dad has to support him.

Waka Waka Waka

Look at me look at me I'm jerry west son & my daddy just bought me a house cause I dunno how to make my own money LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE...waka waka wakaaaa

Jackie

Who cares...another spoiled little brat who depend on his dad.

Zcbmad

Daddy Warbucks!!! ::smooch::

Don Dub

R u guys stupid or what his dad (Jerry West ) Just died he left his son the condo in his will That don't mean that the kid is lazy.

Gridiron

Uh... Why do you have a pic of Kordell Stewart with this story?

Mountaineer10

His son is a very nice, kind and humble kid and he doesn't announce who his father is. If your dad is worth upwards of 50 mil a million dollar condo is in the budget for your kids.

ilovethecolorgray

1.8 million? would rather live somewhere else if i had the money seriously how many nicer condos with views? i'm only jelous cause the home looks cheaper than my 800 a month shared apartment.

TheTruthIs

Jerry West bought this golf place for himself. His son is the house sitter. Good deal for dad. Good deal for son. Enjoy!

kuality79

If I were rich like Jerry I would never buy my kids a house like that I will make them earn it them selves just like I did it all by my self that's the true way of teaching your kids! Not by handing it to them. **** rich dads like that I bet that's his only way to make his son feel ok about his dad after probably only seeing his son 5 times a year it was a I am sorry gift!

luckyladylosla

Ahahaha! Ryan got mad and leaked this story like he did to NicRichie about when second engagement got called off! Ryan- Your parents bought your house too except that no girls wanted to move in with you or marry you for that matter so why the anger when they buy one for your little brother Jonnie and his girlfriend? Why do you have to make everyone else miserable when you get mad Ryan? Let your brother be happy and stop being jealous!

Stubaby

1.3 million? It doesn't look that nice. God people who live in California are stupid, one thing I will say say is thanks for not moving to Portland, way to many Californian **** roaches up here as it is.

55vineyard

It looks like a nice place, although I don't care for the dining room set but the HOA fees of $980 is more than $100 per month that I pay for my nice apartment in a security building with an elevator. Glad he can afford it and hope he enjoys it.

thisisme3

Almost 2 million for a 2 bedroom 2 bath? Holy sheet! My house is a 3 bed, 2 bath and got it for 70,000.

Tuna212

A great investment with Real Estate and interest rates low.Also,a tax write off if he rents it to his kid,even if it is fir a dollar,a great write off.The kid makes out great as he has a fantastic stabbin' cabin. Hey,if you have it,spend it.Can't take it with you.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments