« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kevin Ware

Walking on Crutches

After Gruesome Leg Injury

4/1/2013 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0401_kevin_ware
Just one day after Kevin Ware snapped his shinbone in what might've been the grisliest injury ever broadcast on TV, the Louisville guard is back on his feet ... with the help of crutches.

The 20-year-old was just photographed at an Indianapolis hospital looking surprisingly good ... his leg freshly bandaged after surgery.

In case you missed the game, Ware snapped his leg -- through his skin -- during Louisville's game against Duke yesterday. Ware was attempting to block a 3-point shot and landed wrong. Google at your own risk.

Ware underwent a two-hour procedure following the injury ... doctors had to insert a rod into his tibia ... but thankfully, everything went well.

The Louisville team physician has said he doesn't believe the injury will be career-ending ... but Ware's not playing ball anytime soon.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sophiastormy

This is a dude. No crying and whining for him.

sophiastormy

His bone was six inches out off his skin.

dan gimson

kevin I PERSONALY HAVE been through this operation, I feel your pain you have great days ahead. I am 52 and was 42 when my problem happened, your alright bro........ GET U SUM

dan gimson

AV

I guess he'll be out of basketball and have to go back to the neighbor and sell crack?

Jpat7538

Kevin wishing you the best and let me apologize to all the nice people out there being jackasses about this. This is something to make fun of and god bless u Kevin in ur recovery.

Jpat7538

Meant to man fun of pardon me

Jpat7538

Not to make fun of is what the hell I meant to say I apologize posting this on an I phone

Mulan

Hope he has a full recovery

John

He looks sexy as f*ck in that skimpy lil hospital gown. Jus' sayin'.

Gen

Hope he is felling bater after that broken leg

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3