'Buckwild' Star

It's Official ... Carbon Monoxide Killed Him

4/2/2013 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0401_shain_gandee_02
West Virginia police have just confirmed what TMZ reported yesterday ... "Buckwild" star Shain Gandee died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

A rep for the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office released a statement saying Shain's autopsy was completed today. The death was ruled an accident.

Shain's uncle and a male friend also died while inside Shain's 1984 Bronco, which had stalled out in mud while the crew went off-roading over the weekend. The truck's exhaust pipe had apparently been submerged in mud, causing the gas to leak back into the car.

As we previously reported ... the 21-year-old reality show star as well as the two others were found dead yesterday morning by a passing ATV rider.

0401_buckwild_bronco_article

cynical me

This is why you never go mudding alone. You need another vehicle in case you get stuck.

wecomefromacell

No it was being raised by redneck who did not stress education that killed. You can't leave a car on with the tailpipe civer in mud. Half of the country can relate to country rednecks and mtv knew this. They knew they needed ashow of their own. People who shot melons and make waterslides down hills...this was bound to happen. I love the producers of mtv don't you middle america. Its all obama's fault right.

JD

Who's the unidentified person? Must be a minor or something

Sherms

Man, none of this makes sense. I just cannot understand why they would choose to stay in the car after being stuck for even just a few minutes. It just seems so odd. I know people will make the "stupid redneck" jokes, but I just don't think that is the case. I am blown away. This is just so sad.

Toilethead

And they were too dumb to open up a window?

the_truth_hurts

if it stalled out in the mud that means it was NOT RUNNING so how did poision gas get into the car????? more like they were making meth and forgot to open a window

budweediii

The 3rd persons name has been release. TMZ is just too lazy to do any actual fact checking on their articles. (unless it's their darling Lohan)

wecomefromacell

Its Official! Wait I'll keep my mouth shut..

daphne08

Everyone who is sitting behind your computer screen and judging this man is nothing but a bunch a no good losers. Who are you to throw your judgemental remarks out about him? There is only one person who can judge this man and that is God. He has a family and people who loved him and are mourning his death and this is the respect that people want to give him. That's so ****ed up.

wecomefromacell

Hey I was right that was an 84 ford bronco!

cat_boo_boo

R.i.P Shain Gandee

Sue from jersey

My condolences to thier family and friends may heaven open its doors

wecomefromacell

The guy is wearing a hurting jacket and hat in the city what do expect

dank

A real redneck would have had his exhaust coming out above the truck. Now I understand why they do that..

Laura

Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen quickly. They probably tried a few times to get out without realizing the pipe was under the mud. I mean, how many people that go mudding even think of that? It probably just happened too quickly. It's so sad. He was so young.