« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Magic's Support of Gay Son

IS AWESOME!

4/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-kobe-bryan-ej-magic-johnson-tmz
Kobe Bryant is awestruck by a former Lakers star who rivals him -- Magic Johnson ... telling TMZ Magic's support of his gay son is a lesson everyone, including pro athletes, should learn.

TMZ broke the story ... Magic and Cookie are 100% behind their son, EJ, who is openly gay.  Kobe tells us ... "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son.  Why should anyone be surprised?"

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

The strong implication -- tolerance is not just limited to parents and their kids, but to pro athletes whose teammates may soon come out of the closet.

In case you aren't reading between the lines -- given Kobe's stature, his statement could have a huge impact on athletes coming out.

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mikecrrgn

Don't ask don't tell should be implemented everywhere

Lucy

I'm all for the support--i'd do the same thing if it were my child. But his son needs to update his "ensemble".

cilla

I dnt understand how ppl can b rude..if ppl wana b wit their same gender so let it b,its their life.js

Fred Farkel

barf

Andrew

Hey everyone look at me look at me!! I'm not gay......I'm GGGGAAAAAYYYYYYYYY. Cant you see how GAY I am? Those other fools just think they are gay.....but I'm really REEAAALLLLLYYYY GAAAYYY.

Rob

Sorry if my comment upset some people but that's how I feel and if some people don't like it you can kiss my azz ..

it's called freedom of speech. deal with it .

PokerStar

C'mon TMZ ! Did you think Kobe would say what he really thought? Who would allow that fat slob to climb onto anyone?

Andrew

Magic is proud huh? If youve never seen it, just youtube "Norm McDonald" and "proud gay son".

Salparadise

Thanks,Kobe . Thanks, Magic. One love!

kitnplayn

Oh Pullease ~ Magic Johnson is mortified with humiliation and embarrassment, but he has to lie to you about it.

Mee

TOO BAD KOBE has no son to
get overjoyed and trilled over when they DECLARE GAYNESS AND WALK WITH AN OLD LADY PURSE

PokerStar

I bet Kobe has tried some of that already.

Vote2012

I really could care less if two guys want to get married or some clown decides he wants to broadcast to the world he is gay. Just don't force this sick lifestyle on us, that is what gets me. I call them the Gay Mafia they force this mental illness on people as if it is normal, sorry folks but being gay is not normal. I realize millions of gays cannot handle the truth.

Toilethead

So what does this son do for a living? Just sit around looking fabulous?

LosAngHug