« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Magic's Support of Gay Son

IS AWESOME!

4/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-kobe-bryan-ej-magic-johnson-tmz
Kobe Bryant is awestruck by a former Lakers star who rivals him -- Magic Johnson ... telling TMZ Magic's support of his gay son is a lesson everyone, including pro athletes, should learn.

TMZ broke the story ... Magic and Cookie are 100% behind their son, EJ, who is openly gay.  Kobe tells us ... "Of course Magic is supportive of and loves his son.  Why should anyone be surprised?"

Kobe says, "What I can't tolerate is a lack of tolerance."

The strong implication -- tolerance is not just limited to parents and their kids, but to pro athletes whose teammates may soon come out of the closet.

In case you aren't reading between the lines -- given Kobe's stature, his statement could have a huge impact on athletes coming out.

0402_earvin_johnson_III_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

myopinion

Kobe sit down and shut up!

martinsheenfan

OMG! In the picture with the pocketbook he looks like Keenan in one of the SNL skits.

August

I'm sure if we checked Magic & Cookie's file cabinets we would find HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in receipts for GAY-TO-STRAIGHT TREATMENT PROGRAMS, GROUP THERAPY, PSYCHO-WACKO MEDS, and INSANE ASYLUM BILLS.....for his FLAMING FRUITCAKE SON...

Fantastic Four

I love this guy!!!

Its a straight-out Hate Crime if the NBA doesn't make Earvin Johnson III the new head of the Minority Development Programs.

Who represents black athletes better than Earvin Johnson III?

No one.

Kobe likes him. Magic loves him.

EARVIN JOHNSON III IS ALL GREAT BLACK ATHLETES ROLLED UP INTO ONE!

Keith

isn't Kobe the one who was fined 100,000 for calling a ref a homophobic slur last year?

scandal@ungibungi.com

LOL! He looks FAB-U-LOUSSSS !!

August

Elton John "And I thought I was flaming...."

scoopie

Junior needs to shop for a pair of glasses that fit.

RealTalk777

Kobe's gay too , that's why he's tolerant of the situation

coolaid 170

Lol

paigehop

And we're supposed to jump on the bandwagon of that lascivious swine (Kobe Bryant)?! Laughable. EJ Johnson's behavior is grotesquely un-natural and revolting! I mean, really, people, look at his behavior! I'm not going to be one of the sheeple.

EastCoastChopper

We all know Magic got some sugar in his tank... jus sayin!

NYCBlackMan

Kob gets one point for forward thinking but he still cheated and married out of his race and that is very NO BUENO in 2013! TRUTH!

paigehop

Mentally ill. And I'm serious. Where was supportive daddy and mommy when this kid was [most likely] sexually abused?!

b.mclane

In the Roman Empire homosexuality was out in the open and just a fact of life. Live and let live. It was viewed as a matter of preference. But I have to say this over the top kid would get a rise out of old Rome. Why make a spectacle of yourself? The huge fur, old ladies purse, the over the top gestures and mannerisms?? Its like he is putting on an act. If you dislike his approach you have every right to say so without being slandered or ridiculed. The "tolerant nazi's" in this country are EVERYTHING but tolerate. My gay brother rolls his eyes and I have to say, in my experience, flamboyant Gay men like EJ never end well.