Richie Sambora

Bails on Bon Jovi

Jon Treats Him Like Crap

4/3/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403_richie_sambora_01

Richie Sambora
is bailing on the Bon Jovi world tour because of "personal issues," but it has NOTHING to do with substance abuse ... it's all about a war that's exploded between Jon and Richie.

Sources directly connected to Bon Jovi tell TMZ ... tensions between Jon and Richie have been running high for years and it's finally erupted. One source tells us, "It's a classic Jagger/Richards blowup."

Our sources say part of the problem is that Jon constantly belittles Richie. But there's another part of the problem -- they're fighting over money.

Richie was a no-show at a Bon Jovi concert in Calgary last night, and yesterday he posted on the Bon Jovi website that he was pulling out because of "personal issues."

During the Calgary concert, Jon told the crowd, "I had two choices: pack up and go home or give you everything I got ... Richie Sambora won't be performing for a while. If there's ever a night I need you, it's tonight, Calgary!"

In the meantime, Richie's been spending personal time with his daughter -- the two were on vacation in Hawaii last week. We're told it was an 11-day trip filled with zip-lining, hikes, paddle boarding, and chilling at the pool.

0403-richie-sambora-saturday

Richie has had alcohol issues in the past, but we're told in no uncertain terms ... Richie is clean now.

Sources close to the band tell TMZ ... Sambora's camp is hopeful the two sides can work things out before April 19, when Bon Jovi is set to play in L.A. -- Richie's hometown.

0403_richie_sambora_through_the_years_footer

Vote2012

I have always heard Bon Jovi is not that same smiling friendly guy you see on TV....in private he is a completely another person. This story comes as no surprise to me.

Philly

TMZ, don't you DARE ever compare the fluffy crap of Bon Jovi to the Rolling Stones, even if its the members. The Stones defined rock along with The beatles.....bon Jovi wrote what the record companies told him to write (all garbage).

spectator72

He could play with Springsteen .Springsteen needed a guitar player on his tour replacing Steve Van Zandt

shawn

went to recent Bon Jovi concert courtesy of a friend. didn't know much about the band, never really followed them, but when i saw richie i was like "he's a star in his own right!"...was so impressed that when i got home from the concert i checked out his bio and realized he really is a big star...never saw such guitar playing...so, then i had to ask myself why he was with Bon Jovi and not truly out on his own...this answers my question...stick to your guns Richie...you were the one who made that concert!

Kathy Bridges

Go Ritchie you are great solo I was at the concert in Charlotte NC It was my 30yrs with the band from runaway to the present I was devastated with this concert it should have been called THE BUDGET TOUR It was a freaking light show Jon saving money now I have seen the best of this band all the other shows i wanted more this one I walked out on there was no stage setup no energy no big screens sound awfull you have always been my favorite Jon is too much about hisself it was me in 2010 circle tour that grabbed your ankle I made it to you tube i just wanted you to look at me and not just be another face in the crowd Best 30 yrs of my life never nissed 1 tour jon will fail without his RIGHT HAND MAN THE ONE AND ONLY RITCHIE SAMBORA!!!!!!! you and your daughter enjoy this time your love for her shows I wish you love peace and happiness love KAT

Todd

Jon Bon Anchovies is lame. He doesn't even talk the same anymore. Bon anchovies had the looks and Sambora was the real musician. Cut and dry!

MILEYS WEINERHOLE

I bet you could fight his daughters ***** and ******* in your mouth at the same time......Damn that looks good.....I want to *** up her *******

mike

TMZ Worst show on TV ,If anyone believe a word they say about anyone ,they are as ****ed up as this show!!TMZ should read BJ Facebook post before trying to spread bull**** around the world!!! And for the *******s that talk trash about BJ are loser like the TMZ!!!!!

Jo-jo

I was at the Calgary concert last night. When the announcement came Richie would be a no show I was worried..... But after a $100,000 donation to Calgary's homeless and a solid 2 1/2 hr rockin performance I was left saying "Richie who???" There is a reason the band is Bon Jovi not Sambora

spectator72

Be surprised with how many members of bands that are salary ask The Who and for years not everyone was a Rolling Stone .

spearit

The group have been putting up with Ritchie's BS for years. I guess now that he is sober they are tired of him in general.

lrb5

BON JOVI has always been the guy who owned the Band! Surprised it took Richie so long to resent indentured servitude! There was never equality in the band! Ps Someone tell Bon Jovi. . .Enough with the Botox!

exlax

who os jon von richie? they both look like old phedo's

exlax

bon on this dead or alive!

exlax