Tanning Mom

New Jersey Tanning Ban

IS A GREAT IDEA

4/3/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040213_tan_mom_launch
It's about damn time New Jersey banned children from tanning -- at least without parental permission -- this according to the face of the biggest underage tanning scandal in history.

Tanning Mom Patricia Krentcil got emotional on the street yesterday ... telling TMZ, she fully supports Governor Chris Christie's new "Tan Mom Law" that bans anyone under 17 from going to tanning salons without a parental stamp of approval.

Patricia tells us, "I don't think children ever should tan ... I believe that it should be something that's spoken about and now it's been rectified after I went through a year of mockery for something I never would do and did not do."

Quick recap: Patricia was arrested last year on child endangerment charges after being accused of putting her 5-year-old in a tanning booth. Patricia denied the charges from the beginning, and a grand jury opted not to indict her.

Now, Patricia -- who says she's stopped tanning since her arrest -- tells us, "It makes me sick when I go by a tanning place." She has a LOT more to say as well ... and even bashes her hometown for turning on her. You gotta watch.

Heather

As someone that works in the indoor tanning industry. I'd like to punch her in the face over her ignorance and stupidity.

Cricket

She's something else, that's for sure.

Brite

Proud of Tan Mom!
She had a rude wake-up call, and changed her ways, quickly. If only everyone of us could see things that fast!
Good for Her :)

Gretel

Whoa baby. She must be on some industrial strength psychotropics because she has some serious tardive dyskinesia going on with all those tics. I think she might be the engineer of the whole damn crazy train.

dank

That neighborhood is exactly what I imagined New Jersey might look like.

Just me

I have to say she looks a lot better without the tan and skin that looks like leather. Years down the road is when she needs to worry about skin cancer but...I think this whole experience for her shown her that her obsession changed her out look. Now they passed this law which to me is such a minor thing they need to pass laws about children in meth houses or parents dealing drugs around the children. This lady seems like a good person. Tan mom good for you!

buzz kill

I always thought tanning was something you did to hides to make leather.

Sue from jersey

She is so fugly

kitnplayn

Where exactly does she bash her home town for turning on her? You are the biggest phucking joke ever regarding the printed word. Get off the stage, TMZ, your baby journalists are puking up all over harvey's homo-imaginary bullchit.

still2easy

Liar Liar-stay on the tanning bed too long and you'll catch fire

Violent Pope

But they keep sh•tting out kids

Kelly

She will be appearing in a melanoma PSA in a couple of years in exchange for free chemo.

Cemuni

What's up with those Purple Lips???

nikynewark

How's that Playboy spread she was doing?? Back here in Jersey we can't wait!!

elliesmom

Sounds like she's cracked out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments