« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark Cuban

I'd Be HONORED If 1st Gay

Player Was On My Team

4/4/2013 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040413_mark_cuban_tmzlive_launch
It's only a matter of time before an active NBA player comes out as gay ... so says Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban who tells TMZ he would be honored if the player was a member of his team.

Cuban called in to "TMZ Live" moments ago to discuss how Magic Johnson's support for his gay son will impact professional sports.

Mark also acknowledges a current NBA player who was raised by 2 moms -- and tells us how he's helping to change the culture in the league.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Gargamel

Real men are secure in their masculinity I think homophobes are probably closeted gays. Why else would someone be so worried about if someone is straight or not!?! Who gives a f** k?

JrzGrl

I love me some Mark Cuban. My celebrity crush.

MzDee2012

he should be honored to have a talented player on his team. Who cares who that person sleeps with

LindaJay

WHY would he be honored?

Mokie

Statistically speaking, 10% of your team is already guy. Did god make a mistake when he made gay people? I don't think so.

nikon_121

If you love guys, you love guys. If not, you love girls. Choose.

choke

One thing is for sure, there are still a ton of very brain challenged people who make themselves well know every time they comment on such stories! If you have some sort of issue with people that are different than yourself then it's really just your pathetic ass problem!

The Big Bowowski

Pretty sure Reggie Miller's past his prime but he'd be my hunch for a gay player who never came out.. Whatever, if you're gay and playing pro sports, no matter what any owner says, you probably wanna keep your sexual pref to yourself.....most players aren't gonna be cool with an openly gay dude in the locker room. On the other hand , there are several openly gay women in every prof. Sport. But honestly, who watches the WNBA or the LPGA etc....Advice, keep your sexuality out of the game and just be the best you can be as a player

Josh2013

Would be his honor to bottom the first gay player.

mercedes

Now we no how magic got aids if got gay son the apple Dont fall from the tree

mercedes

Is Cuban gay too?

zombie

Who cares? Such a non-story. He'd be "honored". Give me a break. I'd be honored if he'd STFU.

JW

Cuban implies that there are no gays in the NBA at present. What a fool he is.

maria

I like Mark because he says what he thinks, it's costs him millions of dollars, but ..........so I believe him when he says this. Any other guy probably would be lying.

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

Baseball Is Gay.