Pregnant Man

Divorce Judge is WRONG

I'm a Real Man!

4/4/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0402-thomas-beatie

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

David

What a freak show this woman is. If I wanted to make myself into a Tiger I could do surgical alterations to make myself look as much like a Tiger as possible. However, I'd still be human. She is still a woman even if she gets a 12 inch c-ck surgically sewn to her vagina. And apparently, she hasn't even gone through the surgery because she's still having babies. She wants attention and fame. If society recognizes her direction, we are destined to deteriorate as a society.

Blue Lake

Stop having kids you can't afford, dumb ass. You're a burden to society.

Bad Dog

Sorry but a "man" cannot get pregnant. End of story. He err she may look like a man but that doesn't make her one.

JrzGrl

If this person was a male he wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Period. It really makes me mad that he's acting as though the judge has made this a personal thing. Utter nonsense. However the case goes, I certainly understand the court's point of view. 1. Men can't get pregnant. 2. Same sex isn't recognized in their state so how can they divorce? This couple have muddied the waters so much what the hell do they expect??? Waaah! The judge doesn't like me. Boohoo! Smdh.

JrzGrl

Same sex marriage that is...

Cran

This story is completely media driven. No one cares about her and her mustache. These freaky problems make those who are against gay mariage have more ammunition. I think these stories don't support that initiative but undermine gay marriage, that is the media's purpose. So tired of seeing her in her goatee.

FU TMZ

Did he/she really think they would recognize the marriage in Arizona? That's what u get for being idiots and moving to a place that won't accept ur marriage.

Liz

That thing isn't a man ... it's a woman who has mutilated her body. She has a womb and therefore is a womb-man. WOMAN. There never has been a 'pregnant man'.

It's Me

whatever gender you were born as is what you are....another clown makes the news

PCA

As long as you can give birth, you're not a man.

TMP

I have been a long time supporter of gay rights but this story has always p*ssed me off. MEN CAN NOT HAVE BABIES. If you feel like you were born in the wrong body and want to have a sex change, do it, but do it 100%. Don't say that you feel like you should be a man, but then use your female reproductive organs to have babies calling yourself a pregnant man to cash in, which is what Thomas did. Everything that Thomas has done is to make money! It sets a bad example for the gay community who are fighting for simple human rights. I'm sorry, even as a supporter I have to say that Thomas is nothing more than a money hound. Also, if Thomas never went through with the sex change surgery then he's still a biological woman and was so when they got married. If what they want is a divorce and the judge is saying they were never legally married, then what is the issue here? Thomas is trying to make a case for something when there is no case to make and it's clear that being in the headlines is more important than settling something this private in private!!

PCA

As long as you can give birth, you're not a man.

Kimberlee

At the end of the day you are not a male until all female organs are removed period. You want to be taken serious get the complete transformation.

Bell

No you are not a man, never were. Anyone who has a womb and gives birth is a women. Your fifteen minutes are over, live with it.

mcf1040

Still a dyke. Not a man.Chick who wants to have a dick.