Pregnant Man

Divorce Judge is WRONG

I'm a Real Man!

4/4/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0402-thomas-beatie

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

Bamby

It was born a female and will always be a female internally. No man has and never will have the ability to give childbirth. I do not have an issue with anybody being gay or transgender but when you repeatedly hear about this it claiming to be a man and giving birth to children. I have a problem with that. I realize its the media pushing this pregnant man thing but it can always retaliate and set them straight if it actually wanted to. Its disgusting to me.

Bel-Air Brat

EXACLY WHY GAY MARRIAGE SHOULD NOT BUT APPROVED! THERE ARE ALREADY TOO MANY STRAIGHT COUPLES IN COURT CLOGGING UP THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM WITH DIVORCE!

zumzum

I support equal rights. Who am I to say what gender he "should" be. Transgenders are not freaks, they are just born into a body that doesn't coincide with their inner self. I have a friend who was born a female and is now becoming a male. If he were to become pregnant, I would be happy for him. As for Mr. Beatie, I support him, also. The reason he is getting attention is not for the sake of getting attention...it is because he is a pioneer for transgender parenting, marraige and families.

tca

if you aren't born with the goods you were never a man. if you still give birth to babies you are still a woman. a wanna be shehe

Inconceivable!

The courts can only look at the facts and laws in the state. The law states they were not legally married and that she is a woman. Taking this case to higher courts won't prove anything different - this battle needs to go to the legislature. Courts do not change the law.

Kay

If it has a vagina then it is a WOMAN.. No such thing as a "Pregnant man"

Kay

If it has a VAGINA then its NOT a man!!

Parker

Here a fact idiot......men cant have babies and women cant get men pregnant..........totally impossible....so bitch youre not a man!

Deesker

Becuase he isn't a man. He's a woman. He still has his female organs so how is he a man? This is so gross on so many levels.

Sonja

I'm confused. How is it anti-transgender, anit-human reproductive rights? Unless the judge gave the kids to his wife and forced him to pay child support would that be the case, I would think. I honestly don't see this as any different than any two people who lived together without being married and then split with kids. You still can go to court for custody issues, joint assests ect. There have always been cases of unconventional weddings that the courts later deemed not legal .. it really doesn't change much. No marriage, no divorce. Walk away and sort you **** out in family court like the rest of us divorced people. LOL

Jericho Morton

Regardless of the things that float around in its head, there is that small matter of the missing Y chromosome. Men have them in ALL their cells. Having your fanny stitched up and a willy popped on doesn't make you a man, or male.

Cat

Sorry if you can birth a baby . It has birthed 3 . YOU ARE NOT a man sorry

palermo

You were born a woman and you will die a woman, I don't care how many hormones you take. If you wanted to be a man, why did you get pregnant three times. Physical changes for a mental problem.

Leilani

I believe if you want to be transgender or if u feel your transgender that is wonderful but I feel you can not legally ask or write M or F you should mark T to identify you are transgender. Naturally your not The sex that you want to be and for M who say they are F their not physically F a female is a female with a womb ovaries eggs and female hormones I do not think its right that you demand to be called a female if you do not have the female parts. Call youself T and be proud.

Gothetshirt

Real Men don't give birth to 3 babies......he's a *****-B who went on tv and bragged about how tight him and his old lady were......now 3 babies later he wants out? Is he going to live of the welfare system? Not sure what his problem is in this really, if he is not married (because he is not a man in a man woman marriage) then he won't need to sweat a divorce! Really a creepy person but I guess he will just meet up with someone else and have more babies...hey thats an idea.....have him hook up with a REAL MAN and get preggers again!!! Any takers dudes??