Pregnant Man

Divorce Judge is WRONG

I'm a Real Man!

4/4/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0402-thomas-beatie

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

Quinn

I always get a kick out of when a Judge denies a divorce. Sadly I don't get to see it anymore because of the no fault divorces that are now allowed in NY

LLP71

If you have a cervix & a uterus you ARE NOT a man!!!

Bagman

OK so here is what I dont get. I am a man but if I think I am Abraham Lincoln, they tell me to get help, if I think I am a goldfish, they tell me to get help, if I think I am a woman they cut off my wanker and call me a woman..... I wish we would stop being so politically correct and research how to actually help these poeple

Jericho Morton

Equal rights? Surgery and hormones for 'equal' rights?
Some are MORE equal than others in such utopia's.

Beetlejuice

BaBaBooey, Howard Sterns Penis

Anne

If He wants to be a man, then he has to give up the ovaries and uterus. You can't be both. So I also say this isn't a man but a wanna be both type for the publicity.

Monica

WHO CARES! God what a bunch of clueless bigots some of you are. I swear, human beings can be so hideous to one another just because we CAN be. You don't even CARE. Your really making a difference for your cause by hiding behind a computer and spewing hate on TMZ. Cowardice at its finest. Punks.

LuvLeeRita

Someone PLEASE get her a Midol, she is so PMS'd

BruinsFan2013

I'm sorry but you can't have it both ways. I also think that someone who chooses to do down the path of changing yourself, then it should be an all or nothing kind of deal. Either take the hormones and have all the surgeries required for the change or don't do it all. In my opinion he's still a she.

SysLordX

You think that is bad, imagine the internal argument he has over the position of the toilet seat every time he leaves the bathroom!

LetsBeReAL

Has the organs of a woman therefore is a woman. Not a man. Sorry dude. Men still can't have babies. He can be whoever he wants to be. I don't care if that's his choice. I will refer to him as a man if that's what he wants to be referred as but in all actuality, he's still biologically a woman.

james

OK, Here's the deal. There are Pitchers and there are catchers. The man pitches and the woman catches. and I'm sorry if you can give birth your a catcher..Stop wasting our tax money on your stupid ideas. Go to Hawaii where you got married and get a divorce.

Cherie

If you have pop out a child you are either an alien from outer space or your are a WOMAN!!!!!

c

This guy is so full of ****. He’s hurting transgender people more than anyone. Guess what, if you really think you’re a man in a woman’s body then become a man. AND MEN CAN’T HAVE CHILDREN. So I don’t know what the hell this idiot thinks he is but if he’s bearing children I don’t know how he thinks anyone can consider him a man.

Smart

If you have a VAGINA you are a WOMAN!
That this person had 3 babies out of that VAGINA she has only solidifies that even further.
VAGINA = FEMALE