Pregnant Man

Divorce Judge is WRONG

I'm a Real Man!

4/4/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0402-thomas-beatie

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.

Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

Lydia

She's a freak. Those poor kids.

Steffierizzo

The comments on this post are really disgusting. I believe he was a man at birth and still is a man. He was a man between the ears until he got his surgery completed. Don't be so ignorant and educate yourselves. Maybe have a conversation with a transgendered person. Open your minds.

hoosier

If I was a man, I would be offended

Spottedfeather

It's a female. No matter how many drugs you take and no matter what surgery you have, I seriously doubt you can change your DNA. If you're born a woman, you'll always be a woman.

Vicky

Men do not have babies, she is not a man.

boobymanz

Getting really tired of these damn trannies trying to act like they were actually born as whatever sex they are currently masquerading around as. You're a damn woman. You weren't born with a penis and testicles. The judge is absolutely right. You're a woman with messed up issues. Getting real tired of these little PC liberals and their "your gender is whatever you feel like it is in your mind." bulls**t. This is why we've got 5 year old little boys running around in dresses and suing over the fact that they, a boy, can't use the girls bathroom. Ridiculous.

Edward Serio

This is getting old and becoming a joke,what part of giving birth and having a vagina doesn't this woman,even if she completed her surgeries and had a fake penis constructed she is still a woman,DNA and chromosomes do not lie,big deal the state doesn't recognize same sex marriages,she knew that when she filed for divorce and is surprised of the ruling,give me a break Woman.As far as the judge DELEGITIMIZING her children,think again WOMAN,you did that all by yourself by giving birth to them out of wedlock making them bastards,your doing your fault.Leave your other half and get on with your lives so your children don't suffer any more embarrassment by your hands!

MeesHoney

He has a vagina and has given birth to 2 children. YOU'RE A WOMAN! Having your breasts surgically removed and taking testosterone to grown that little mustache does not make you a man! He's being so dramatic....further proof that he's A WOMAN!!!!!!

Odiliah

He is one sick and confused individual. Do you want to be a man or a woman? I'm not prejudice against transgender individuals but seroiusly... A man CANNOT give birth!! No mastter what you used to be!

vince

Just because she had her breasts removed and taken hormone shots does not make her a man. She is a bearded ugly woman and always will be.

juan del pueblo

I am sorry... I can put a Bentley grill on a Chrysler 300 and it is still a Chrysler 300. If you were not born with a ding-dong you are not a dude... You might just be sponsored be Snap-On Tools Of America, but you are no dude

manbearpig

a bearded woman is not a man.

Whocares

If you have or have ever had a uterus... you're a chick. End of story.

MeesHoney

S/he has a vagina and has given birth to two children. Having your breasts surgically removed and taking testosterone to grow a mustache does NOT make you a man!

Doug