Wesley Snipes

Released from Prison

4/5/2013 8:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0405_wesley_snipes_01Passenger 57 is no longer Inmate #43355-018 -- TMZ has learned Wesley Snipes has been released from prison.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons tells TMZ ... Snipes was released on April 2 and transferred to the New York Community Corrections Office, which will oversee his home confinement.

Home confinement (aka house arrest) will end July 19.

Snipes checked into McKean Federal Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania back in December 2010 after he was convicted for failing to file federal income tax returns.

Let this be a reminder ... you've got 10 days left, people!!!

0405_wesley_snipes_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

A.M.D

Good for him, it was a BS situation. Yes we have to pay taxes but honestly, Wesly was the only one who hasn't paid!

H1tters

I thought that Wesley was already out. Didn't realize he has been in there for all this time. Hopefully he can resume his movie career at the same level it was at before.

dandy jim

3 years only... He got an easy sentence considering he robbed the government of 7 million bucks... I know 3 people in federal prison for doing similar crimes of not filing federal tax and they are doing 10 years... preferential treatment going on with Wesley.... i wonder if he ever has to pay back the bucks he owes

Penny

So funny-just saw him and got pics with him last week at Whole Foods!!! He is super buff!

DrewNyc1

Isn't it Ironic how Lindsay Hoe-an gets away with everything in the book. But as soon as a Black man, Celebrity does anything... He's locked up. what kind of f*ckery is that?!

Carmen Rosano

I love you to Wesley Snipes,(admiradora absoluta).................!!!!!!!!! (Montevideo)Uruguay.

Dumas

Ok now the blades will return,ya think. Wes

valerie mcclendon

I don'tagree w/ur opinion. I luv Wesley snipes bcuz he just ddnt pay his taxes. I have nt heard him being on any kinda drugs. give the brother a chance (2nd)...just pay ur taxes bro and let us enjoy ur art

eric dexter

I'm a white guy and I think Welsy Snipes rocks as an actor. He is trulty one of the greats. Hope to see him on screen soon.
GO WESLEY