Britney Spears

Annette Funicello's Passing

'Is Great'

4/8/2013 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_britney_videoMaybe she hadn't heard the news, maybe she didn't understand the question, or maybe she's just a coldhearted person who hates awesome people ... but when we asked Britney Spears today about the passing of Annette Funicello, she took a moment, smiled, and said, "I think that's great!"

Funicello, the most famous original member of Mickey Mouse Club, passed away today at the age of 70 ... so asking Britney, the most famous modern member, about her death made complete sense.

Britney's answer, however, made none.

update_bar
1:30 PM PT -- Britney just tweeted, "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello ... She was a role model for me during my days as a Mouseketeer."

Delphinus13

I guess I could give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she misunderstood the question. Or, I could go with the "what's more likely" criteria. She's your stereotypical, uneducated Hollywood idiot with a room temperature IQ, and only cements that stereotype with a stupid response to a question.

nologinyo

I'm sure... britney doesn't even operate her twitter lmao. This pretty much shows her true colors.

Daisy_1180

She's not even allowed to have a cell phone . . . do we really think she puts out her own tweets?? She probably doesn't even know she has a twitter

DON4772

Shes as dumb as a bag of door knobs. Used ones at that.

Joe

She probably didn't hear the question. She just wanted to get going. She was better off saying "no comment."

Nikko

She's pulling your leg. She knew that comment would get ppl going. "Bad publicity is better than no publicity". Smh. :(

Emily2626

Not trying be a crazy Britney fanatic over here, but I believe her. I think she was just trying to get away from the paparazzi, didn't hear what he asked, and said the quickest thing she could to get him out of her hair. With that said, I think she should PROBABLY pay more attention to questions she's asked. I DOUBT she had no idea who Annette Funicello was, everyone should calm down. RIP, Annette, you were a beautiful person. May your family find peace in this sorrowful time.

Inconceivable!

So Britis just stupid and lacks basic word comprehension skills. I figured as much.

JD

So obvious she didn't hear the question (correctly). Let it go. Not smart to answer a question you couldn't hear maybe, but whatever. Let it go. Definitely no harm meant.

rec...

It's like the usher at the movies saying "Enjoy the movie" and you replying "Thanks, you too" Sometimes we just don't pay attention but we feel we need to respond... it's a disconnect and a honest mistake.

Dumas

Sorry Annette your too far above her!

Sam Axe

She's as dumb as a brick. She did a cover of I Love Rock & Roll about ten years ago... when interviewed, she was asked about the song choice, she said... "I've always loved Pat Benetar." ...problem was... it's an Arrow song, covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.

NoBozo

Meds need adjusting -- again. Stupid ho.

Smooth Criminal

knowing how dumb Britney is, she probally thought they were talking about passing a drug test. LOL

WhatNow

gotcha media at its worst