Britney Spears

Annette Funicello's Passing

'Is Great'

4/8/2013 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_britney_videoMaybe she hadn't heard the news, maybe she didn't understand the question, or maybe she's just a coldhearted person who hates awesome people ... but when we asked Britney Spears today about the passing of Annette Funicello, she took a moment, smiled, and said, "I think that's great!"

Funicello, the most famous original member of Mickey Mouse Club, passed away today at the age of 70 ... so asking Britney, the most famous modern member, about her death made complete sense.

Britney's answer, however, made none.

update_bar
1:30 PM PT -- Britney just tweeted, "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello ... She was a role model for me during my days as a Mouseketeer."

WTF

This one is just unnecessary. She didn't hear the question and just they out the generic answer. Give the girl a break.

NobodySpecial

She misunderstood the comment. She probably thought something about Annette Funicello giving her blessing. Britney didn't understand it but just said something positive and moved on. Britney may be messed up but not that messed up.

Laurin

lmfao. she tweeted a bit ago that she misheard the question.

Elise

She's not an idiot and she heard the question just fine. Don't you people realize she lost it (mentally) years ago and will never be the same again?? She's not right in her miiind. This is why.

Boing!

Your moron was 20 feet away and she was even looking at him when he started the question. At least this guy is more understandable but maybe he should take a one week online journalist course. He can then be the leader.

Phoenix

Obviously she misunderstood the question.

Mav

Read her twitter people. She said she misheard the press.

Cricket

I imagine she wasn't listening, trying to leave. You paps burned that bridge after the umbrella and sitting on curbs crying encounters. I don't think she wanted to talk about anything

Lindy

Not one brain cell in her head...

redmond13

She took to twitter and said she misheard the question. Leave her alone.

Enrique Alvarez

RELAX YOU STUPID ASS HATERS! JUST TOOK THIS TO TWITTER SAYING "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello" - @britneyspears I SWEAR YOU BITCHES HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. TEAM BRITNEY TILL THE DAY I DAY LIL ****ERS (;

Cat

Its obvious that she really wasn't listening to you and that is why she answered the way she did. She basically had you on the pay no mind list. Kinda like when someone greets you in the morning and you say "fine" and they didn't even ask how you are. HA! HA!

erogers2687

She already stated on twitter that she misheard the question. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

safia

ditzy bimbo.... when they asked her "what does she think of the passing of annette funicello?" perhaps she thought its a new law that was PASSED...

Punchafishmakeawish

You lot are unbelievable of course she didn't know what she was answering! Get the facts straight and read from brut nets tweet earlier before you print bull like this!