Russell Brand

SWATTED

4/8/2013 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_russell_brand_house_article
The swatting epidemic continues ... this time, the victim is Russell Brand, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... cops raced to Brand's L.A. home after receiving a call from someone reporting two men with guns approaching the home.

We're told the caller told police one of the men was black, one white -- and they were each sporting body armor.

When cops arrived to the scene, no one was there -- Russell had left the home 30 minutes prior to the call.

After a thorough inspection of the property, cops eventually determined the whole thing was a prank -- another "swatting" incident ... just like Bieber, Ashton Kutcher, Diddy, the Kardashians, etc.

0403_stars_swatted_footer

LoganJackson

SWAT ME NEXT!!! xD

chicago_animal

Who cares about these stupid swatting "pranks" anymore? Stop reporting them.

KINGofRESEDA

911 what is your emergency??? Hi this is TMZ, we need another story so here goes, "2 black men with giant guns just ran up (insert famous person) driveway" send police now! We have a reporter on scene. Thank you!!!

TEAM LAMMY

Thank you swatter, without u tmz would have nothing to write about

Trecee

I've seen his last home. You sure you didn't mean he was squatting? Lol

Cecilia

I really hope they find this person. It's not funny. Not only is it costing money (swat teams aren't cheap), but actual crimes are occurring while these officers are in prank calls.

Stratcat

Is he still famous? Last I heard he works at a fast food joint...

alphatino48

I still think swatting is funny.

ACE DEUCEY

Thanks, TMZ. You cured my insomnia!

IwuvTMZ

I'll alert the media.

Killmonokill

STOP PRANK CALLING THE COPS (I now refuse to call this swatting as naming it just makes it sound better then just some juveniles prank calling the cops over and over so that when a real stalker shows up no one takes it serious and people actually die) losers

Kaaka

The million dollar question remains why aren't the CALLERS who are making these PRANK CALLS getting CHARGE with MISCHIEF, Its absolutely insane that the Cops are just letting this go , This is a complete waste of RESOURCE /manpower , Imagine a REAL emergency situation going down and lives getting lost' because the cops got tied up up with this garbage.

Alpha Bet

When are they going to swat a celebrity that has actual talent?

bob_bitchin

Look! More helicoptors!! If that was my house, they'd send 1 fat cop

Roman

Last time my house was broken into I waited 4 hours for 1 lazy ass cop to arrive

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments