Mel B

Booed AGAIN on 'AGT'

... Over a Black Joke

4/9/2013 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409-tmz-mel-b-agt
Mel B
isn't winning any hearts and minds in the "America's Got Talent" audience ... sources tell TMZ, she just got booed AGAIN ... this time over an arguably racist joke.

Sources at the NYC auditions tell TMZ, a comedian took the stage moments ago and began to tell a joke about how black taxi drivers are more entertaining than other taxi drivers ... and Mel buzzed him.

She said, "I found it really offensive. There was no need to do a stereotypical black joke. It was not funny." But the audience disagreed ... booing Mel for hitting the red button.

Fellow judge Howie Mandel then asked the audience if they thought the joke was offensive ... and the audience replied with a loud NO.

Howard Stern said Mel lacked a sense of humor and Heidi Klum chimed in, saying, "There will always be jokes made about being black and white ... I agree with you that we should laugh about it."

So we gotta ask ...

@iAMTIMWILSON

What's black and white and rolls down the Boardwalk? A black guy and a seagull fighting over a French Fry

Rex

People need to learn the difference between racism and stereotyping.

@iAMTIMWILSON

What's the difference between batman and a blackman? Batman can go to the store with out robin it..

Kashat

Why are blacks so good at basketball?? Because they can shoot, steal, and run

PureRadiance

So funny to read the comments. You can really pick out the white folk , and the black folk! Most on her are pretty racist both colors ! Simpletons! Mel B. is a joke in herself! Get over it. It's a joke!

Dan

One question? What does this monkey know about talent, same thing with Heidi Klum?

Gloria Unread

Not everything regarding race is necessarily racist. You can believe that racial jokes are funny, but racist jokes are not.

Hedda Hopper's Ghost

Yes, racism can be funny, but at the same time, many people have no idea what it feels like to grow up black. Period, end of sentence. I agree that she responded prematurely, but I also understand the sensitivity associated with being seemingly judged or calculated every time you walk into a room, make a decision, open your mouth to speak. Bottom line: People have a tendency to judge your 'level of black'.... How in the hell do you act unemotionally when you're aware of this, educated, and just trying to live your life?

Veronica

I was there and the story as being told by TMZ is incorrect.

Veronica

I was there, the guy was funny but fell flat on that particular joke. The comedian is a NYC cab driver and he was telling the difference between getting directions from a white passenger and a white passenger. He thought that trying to sound black and throwing in a few yo yos was funny. Mel B said that she didn't mind black humor as long as it is funny.

Jnesy

If she hadn't buzzed him she would've been bashed by black people for not having their back! You can never win

DudeLebowski

Half the jokes told by black comedians seem to be racially oriented. I'm white but I laugh my butt off at a lot of those jokes. Richard Pryor had a lot of racial material which I always thought was hilarious....

Brasil

She should of just not given an answer as to why she buzzed him, just say I didn't find him funny and all this we would of not been discussing.

Brasil

I've never met a White Person in my life.
I've met beige people, cream looking people.
Never an Actual White colored looking person.
I learned this from my 4 yr niece that said to me when I was teaching her colors. She said why do i call white people white when there not white, there cream colored and that i was wrong for calling them the wrong color.
We even got into an argument on the colors that people call each other.
Whites must be called White.
But a beige or very light brown person is still called Black when there skin is light brown.
So I was corrected by a 4 yr old on calling color people by the correct color there skin were.
We were studying the Crayola Box of colors and she corrected me.
And you know I never thought about it until she corrected me, this color thing is not something you're born w/ not even the little kkk kid who is now learning how to hate another color , we're thought it by our elders. And keep recycling it to the young ones.

Brasil

@ STILLETO.
Get this straight ms. ignorant. the people that receive the most welfare in this country are white americans, I mean cream americans. not Blacks.
Get your facts straight.
Ask anyone that works at the Welfare office.
And if we're being religious the Jews receive the most welfare in the entire country.
Blacks receive the least amount in the country, just behind the hispanics.
but no one talks about that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments