'Buckwild' City Mayor

Happier than Pig in S***

'Buckwild' Got 86'd

4/10/2013 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0409-danny-jones-shain-gandee-buckwild
The Mayor of the town where "Buckwild" was filmed is crackin' out the fried chicken and sweet tea now that the show that reinforced Southern stereotypes has gotten the ax.

Charleston, West Virginia Mayor Danny Jones tells us, "I’m relieved and happy the show is cancelled, and so is everyone around here. The show does nothing for us and exaggerates every negative stereotype about us."

Mayor Jones also put on his programming hat, surmising "Buckwild" without Shain Gandee is like biscuits without gravy.

We broke the story ... Shain was found dead in his truck from carbon monoxide poisoning last week, following an off-roading trip with his uncle.

shellinclark

I'm from WV and let me say this man is an idiot. This state is nothing but coverups and rich politicians, that show is exactlly what its like here. They just don't want people thinking that about this state.

regina

A pig in ****...yep that describes hizzoner dollar danny jone$ to a t.....and it's not fried chicken tmz, anybody from chas can tell u it's bbq

thanatos

Another thing that perpetuates southern stereotypes? This article.

Vote2012

What is this Mayor smoking....canceling a TV show is not going to improve the image of West Virginia. West by God Virginia is a very poor and very weird place. It's a little known fact most of the weed grown in this country comes out of those West Virginia mountains. The best moonshine is brewed in West Virginia and its the only state where you still marry your sister. The road kill in West Va diners is very tasty.

notafan

Ok

Nancy

Im glad it was cancelled too - the show was unwatchable...

MoThugWarrior

SCREW THAT MAYOR!Buckwild is a good show and everyone else has their own opinion but a cast member died and the mayor is happy that the show's gone?Let alone,the only reason why they ended the show is because of Shain's death and they can't just continue.Is that stupid mayor even aware that Shain's dead and he's happy that the show's gone?The description for the Buckwild show was the show following young adults having fun in West Virginia and when I watched that show,it looks liked young adults just having fun in their carefree life and I bet all of the cast members are in their 20's and that's the age where people can still have fun!Like I said before,everybody has their own opinion and my opinion is Buckwild will never be the same without Shain and I hate that they ended the show 'cause I would've LOVED seeing season 2 but that mayor needs to sit his ass down somewhere!

NOT ELMO

Now if Mayor Jones could only turn cinder blocks into tires ... think how nice those lawns would look..............................LOL

kristi

THe majoy is worried about negative sterotype lol don't worry mayor no one wants to visit your state anyway

Maximus

Ah, TMZ....like the true fickle media whore you are, always there to perpetuate cynicism and pay forward the worst of the human condition, aren't you? Congrats, it takes considerable genius to criticize an (admittedly) insignificant show (to some) and in the process, blatantly hurl out inaccurate stereotypes and misrepresented characterizations about an entire region of the country (and not even the correct region, while at it). Tell me, is your enlightened audience only people living between Sunset and the 405?

kuality79

Yeah there all going to hell **** tmz

Wvgirl

I am from Charleston, WV. I don't drink sweet tea. I don't have a car or cinder blocks in my front yard. I don't eat biscuits or gravy. Stop the stereotypes and blanket statements please. Educate yourself.

JrzGrl

This guy is irrelevent. I'm not interested in his opinion one way or the other. I don't watch this show but it really pisses me off when these politicians try to tell us what we can/can't watch on tv. Do your job & mind your business.

Stuart Bice

you people complain bitch whine whatever you call it but you do it too much you all sound like some whiney ****ing babies get over it it was a show it didn't reinforce **** these people don't know what they are talking about i so can't wait till all the old and middle age people with their out of date thinking die off then the world would be an easier place to live like where do these ideas of stereotypes come in i'm from ****ing canada born and raised specifically Ontario and we do stuff exactly how they do on buckwild i'm from the country so ya i love the show i'm also 21 how old is this mayor prob in his 40's the show was made for young adults not you old sods that complain and bitch about every little thing the world needs a task force to kill people that bitch about good things other people like.... you people are just hating cause you are already nasty vile people who perpetuate hate you have no good in your life so you look to take good from others get a *****ing life btw im also native and i still like this show so screw you redneck ****s in the united states i maybe redneck but not a bitch like you people canada would have welcomed this show with open arms and no one would have complained but i guess that's the good ol american education system you're too stupid to understand it's free advertising and tourism which puts money into your local economy so for one your mayor is a ****ing idiot also twice my age and i could do his job way better

Atlantaguy

Harvey, on this segment you seemed to be smirking and making fun of the Charleston Mayor. Not cool. The first 18 years of my life were in Charleston WV and I will confirm that NO ONE I knew acted like the kids in Buck Wild. None. And at best, in a school of about 700, maybe a dozen were known to act that nutty, and that was it.

Charleston is a smaller city of about 50,000 people (metro around 300,000) and is the state Capital. It's a convention city and has it's share of urban amenities like any other smaller city - and those do not include dump truck swimming pools. Sissonville is a suburb. Those kids probably represent nearly ALL of the wild hillbilly kids you could find up there, total... and they probably had to audition for a while to find those.

I'm in Atlanta now. I can promise you that one hour south of Atlanta there are MANY more rednecks that act much worse than anything you can find in Charleston. So don't smirk, please - why not visit the place before you judge it?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments