Jay-Z

Raps About Cuba Trip

"Obama Said ‘You Gonna Get Me Impeached'"

4/11/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

041113_jay_z_launch_v2
President Barack Obama told Jay-Z he was worried the rapper's controversial trip to Cuba would cost him the White House ... this according to Jay-Z.

Hova just released a new rap, in which he addresses all of the drama surrounding his trip to Cuba last week with his wife Beyonce.

In the song, titled "Open Letter," Jay says ..."Politicians never did s**t for me ... except lie to me, distort history.”

He continues, "Obama said chill ‘You gonna get me impeached' ... We don’t need this s**t anyway chill with me on the beach.'"

The implication based on the lyric -- that Obama did something shady in helping Jay-Z and Beyonce get into Cuba and he could be in political hot water as a result.

It's a pretty believable lyric, considering how close Jay is with B.O.

There's more -- "I can turn Havana to Atlanta ... ballin’ too much they try to jam you."

“I’m in Cuba, I love Cubans.This Communist talk is so confusing.”

0411_jayz_cuba_AP

Kate

Yes, it is possible to travel to Cuba via another country. However, if you are caught upon your return to the US and cannot produce a general or specific license, you can face significant fines and potentially criminal prosecution. The fact that it's possible doesn't mean it's legal.

lol..

The uproar that sadly my elected officials in Miami are causing is pathetic. Thousands of US citizens visit Cuba this is nothing new and I think that any attention we can bring to the oppression of the Cuban people is a good thing. Instead of spewing garbage from her mouth perhaps Representative Ileana ros-lehtinen should do something to truly help the Cuban people like oh I don't know lobby for the embargo to end? It's truly disgusting that we continue to embargo the Cuban people and yet at the same time we continue to trade with China. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

JJ

This president is nothing more than a playah, period. He is easily one of the worst presidents we've ever had.

In Depth News

Multi millionaire hypocrite Jay Z is trying to play the victim , when he was the one that went to the violent dictator Castro's island to spend money there , which ends up in the hands of crazy dictator Castro .

There are a number of millionaires that went to dictator Castro's Cuba like Jay Z , Robert Redford , etc , when the people of Cuba do not have any freedom to do what they can . Do these millionaires like the state run workers (slaves) that service them while they are there ?

Both Redford & Jay Z support anti-capitalist groups & people , when they made their millions off capitalism (major hypocrites).

Dictator Castro is like crazy dictator Kim Jong Un of North Korea..

lolurdumb

Jay z is a moron who listens to his Crap anyway?

nisiek

Wow, deep lyrics and hey TMZ why are u refusing my posts...won't stop me from posting btw Jay z and his fake ass wife are useless T W A T S

nisiek

Yuck on both of them fake, untalented and undeserving

nisiek

Fake, pretentious, untalented, cannot stand either of them, they disgust me

troydlane

They have just proven how uninformed (or un-American) they really are. This, combined with Jay-Z wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt (Che was disgusted by black people) and their personal relationship with the Obamas is truly disgusting.

Madame_deFarge

Great news that they love Cuba but only if they move there...he and his skank wife and all their gutter rap friends. A little payback to Fidel for dumping his criminals on us back in the.Carter fiasco.

barnyardhumor

Full lyrics

DucNut

Obama supporters right? Yep just as I figured....

Obama doesn't give a sh*t about you, he only cares about the rich the entiltled....folks it's everyman for himself....so start grabbin' and fill up your pockets with all the $$$ you can stuff in there just like our "supposed" leaders, so get it while the going is good........

Let this c*cks*cker and his skanky wife stay in Cuba and he can take Obama and his skanky wife with him.......BTW...if I decided to go to Cuba and partake in some fine cuban cigars, upon return I would be subject to a 3 hour interrogation and cavity search by some fat lazy customs creep.....

HOPE AND CHANGE....pfftt, right....I lost hope and and all I have left is change......

WAKE THE F*CK UP AMERICA!!!!!!

yeziam12

Money talks and BS walks...they're rich. Nothing speaks louder than flaunting wealth today. So you two can take advantage today and Karma will mark you for tomorrow...happens all the time - pride commeth before the fall.

Bindi Blue

Dear Barack Obama -- your friends are idiots who only care about looking cool. Ditch him.

Blondie

THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM THE US TO CUBA. LET ALONE ON A PRIVATE PLANE. so unless you people are hanging out with a bunch of diplomats, you're full of it.