Jay-Z

Raps About Cuba Trip

"Obama Said ‘You Gonna Get Me Impeached'"

4/11/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

041113_jay_z_launch_v2
President Barack Obama told Jay-Z he was worried the rapper's controversial trip to Cuba would cost him the White House ... this according to Jay-Z.

Hova just released a new rap, in which he addresses all of the drama surrounding his trip to Cuba last week with his wife Beyonce.

In the song, titled "Open Letter," Jay says ..."Politicians never did s**t for me ... except lie to me, distort history.”

He continues, "Obama said chill ‘You gonna get me impeached' ... We don’t need this s**t anyway chill with me on the beach.'"

The implication based on the lyric -- that Obama did something shady in helping Jay-Z and Beyonce get into Cuba and he could be in political hot water as a result.

It's a pretty believable lyric, considering how close Jay is with B.O.

There's more -- "I can turn Havana to Atlanta ... ballin’ too much they try to jam you."

“I’m in Cuba, I love Cubans.This Communist talk is so confusing.”

0411_jayz_cuba_AP

TJ

Wonder if his best bud ,KANYE WEST, is hiding out in Cuba, tryng to avoid the Kardashian trap?

Keyser Söze

Maybe they were real close once upon a time... but, after this track, I doubt Obama is going to even dignify Carter's existence.

tom

Countless things to impeach obummer on, this isnt even the first one that comes to mind.

Alfie

Your poll at the end of the story should have been:

Is Jay-Z an idiot?

I would have voted yes.

Blondie

They did it to prove that even though Beyonce doesn't have so much as a third grade education being friends with the president can get you a long way.

ChitownCletus

Good Grief I Know 5 year olds that are better word smith's than this @$$ h0le.

I wonder what it is like to be Obama's Cuban cigar mule.

Jay_Monaé

*Hangs head in shame* We've GOT to do better black people..! JESUS..

Carl

I am amazed at how upset people are over this. The "don't travel to Cuba" law is one of the stupidest laws on our books. We don't have this law for any other country (I can go to North Korea or Iran if I want). It is basically our government throwing a temper tantrum over losing Cuba to the communists 50 years ago. Time to move on. There are a lot worse issues in the world than this.

PictureUp

TMZ you stay hawking old news,
especially bout black folks or mel raging bout Jews
its fact haft yo staff all act like fake wiggas
so yo cut some slack on doggin Beyonce and Jigga!

Whocares

Ultra-rich = ultra-ass

laffnbear

In Cuba Beyonce trying to pass as African. Back in the states the hair comes down and the bleach goes on and she is trying to be White once more.

Michell

This is what happens when you have so much money you think you can do whatever you want. Even have the president in your back pocket. Take your rap and shove it!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Don't let the money go to your head Jay-Z. Not everyone is driven by money. Especially when it comes to Black Bag Ops.

germs

What an amazing stroke of luck for those two to happen to have an educational trip to Cuba planned at the same time as their 5 year wedding anniversary. I tell you some people have all the luck

Sean Kelly

"It's a pretty believable lyric, considering how close Jay is with B.O. "

Give me a break. I seriously doubt Obama made a call to Treasury about one silly-assed rapper. This dude is just trying to make headlines... and in the process screw Obama by dragging his name into this.