Jay-Z

Raps About Cuba Trip

"Obama Said ‘You Gonna Get Me Impeached'"

4/11/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

041113_jay_z_launch_v2
President Barack Obama told Jay-Z he was worried the rapper's controversial trip to Cuba would cost him the White House ... this according to Jay-Z.

Hova just released a new rap, in which he addresses all of the drama surrounding his trip to Cuba last week with his wife Beyonce.

In the song, titled "Open Letter," Jay says ..."Politicians never did s**t for me ... except lie to me, distort history.”

He continues, "Obama said chill ‘You gonna get me impeached' ... We don’t need this s**t anyway chill with me on the beach.'"

The implication based on the lyric -- that Obama did something shady in helping Jay-Z and Beyonce get into Cuba and he could be in political hot water as a result.

It's a pretty believable lyric, considering how close Jay is with B.O.

There's more -- "I can turn Havana to Atlanta ... ballin’ too much they try to jam you."

“I’m in Cuba, I love Cubans.This Communist talk is so confusing.”

0411_jayz_cuba_AP

Carl E

Cuba is about as "Racist" as it gets, how stupid can they be?.

garybuseyisabitch

im tired of ppl talking **** on the us and acting like these place were you have no freedoms are great. we need to do what castro did with their criminals and flush them to those spots if they think they are so great.

obvious

jz your stupid

Coochiepoot

d-bags. at least while they were gone Americas I.Q. jumped a few points.

Nun ja biz

Obama should try to help our country and stop worrying about his friends in entertainment.

self-employed

J-Z and Bey-stay in Cuba and please take Obama and his America hating wife with you. Commie a$$ kissers all of you.

Emilio

Please don't turn Cuba into Atlanta...they have plenty of problems over there already...

Rex

Soooooo sick of these two. What an arrogant couple.

Linda3223

I can't bleve our own people of jealous of JZ, cause he got it like that, instead of being proud of the brother, we chatized him 4 his fortune, he worked hard 4 were's he at & should b able 2 do what his fortune has brought him u people talk as if a crime has been committed. U go JZ & Beyonce

youdontknowme

OH MY F*CKING GOD IT'S NOT THAT F*CKING SERIOUS!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!

Truth

THE POOR PEEPS GET YOU ELECTED... THE RICH PEEPS KEEP YOU IN POWER... THE SHADY ASS DEALS WITH FAKE ASS CELEBS GIVE YOU THE PR IMAGE... OBAMA'S NEW INTL. POLICY - HYPOCRISY 101. SO FAR, CUBA'S ON BOARD. #TRUTH!!

CHRYL

THE PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT HAVE ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BECOME INVOLVED WITH JZ;

THIS COULD BE DEVASTATING FOR HIM!!!!

sweetcakes

JZ is stupid to disrespect President Obama like this. I
hope he is banned at the White house. As far as an educational trip, Cuba is still treating people badly and a rapper isn't getting educational on his trip.

Jax

Too bad they didn't stay there.

Eric

TMZ, you got Jay-Z's lyrics ALL twisted. Listen to the lyrics again. Jay-Z says:

"Politicians never did s**t for me ... except lie to me, distort history//

The implication based on the lyric is that politicians lie all the time. That's obvious and everyone knows this, so he's preaching to the choir here. Due to the U.S.'s relations w/ Cuba Obama told Jay-Z to "chill out" because of the president's relationship with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Nothing more, nothing less. Then Jay-Z says "man, you should be out here on the beach with me anyway." Hinting that US presidency is nothing but stress anyway.

This is just another example of society not understanding rap lyrics. Everything is a metaphor, not literal.