Jay-Z

Raps About Cuba Trip

"Obama Said ‘You Gonna Get Me Impeached'"

4/11/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

041113_jay_z_launch_v2
President Barack Obama told Jay-Z he was worried the rapper's controversial trip to Cuba would cost him the White House ... this according to Jay-Z.

Hova just released a new rap, in which he addresses all of the drama surrounding his trip to Cuba last week with his wife Beyonce.

In the song, titled "Open Letter," Jay says ..."Politicians never did s**t for me ... except lie to me, distort history.”

He continues, "Obama said chill ‘You gonna get me impeached' ... We don’t need this s**t anyway chill with me on the beach.'"

The implication based on the lyric -- that Obama did something shady in helping Jay-Z and Beyonce get into Cuba and he could be in political hot water as a result.

Was Obama In On It?

It's a pretty believable lyric, considering how close Jay is with B.O.

There's more -- "I can turn Havana to Atlanta ... ballin’ too much they try to jam you."

“I’m in Cuba, I love Cubans.This Communist talk is so confusing.”

0411_jayz_cuba_AP

2johnnyt

This JZ could give ROBERT FROST a run for his money - the talent, the talent!

72183

Oh wait I thought Jay Z was a better lyricist than this!!! Sounds like a 1 yr old wrote this!

taih588

So basically jayz just admitted that the whole my trip was aproved thing is a cover up and a lie because if not why would Obama be scared of getting impeached you can't get impeached if u did nothing wrong but obviously they did

RoccoRolo

Did Beyonce lip-sync the Cuban national anthem to Castro while they were down there? You can see just how culturally flawed and mind-numbed our own country is by looking at the front-and-center celebrities.

John

I sure hope Obama is IMPEACHED!

missdelta

Thousands of people visit Cuba each year. I'm sure all of these people were not friends of President Obama. Why does there have to be a conspiracy? We don't restrict travel to Communist China. The conspiracy is the political pressure applied to keep this travel embargo in place. In my opinion JayZ is no friend of President Obama after this "Open Letter". I don't for a minute believe all of the bravado as to quoting President Obama, but it can be used against him. With a friend like JayZ........

cordstreet

You will never get impeached Barry, that would leave us with dolt Biden. Your security blanket......

coquiguaca

Thank you Jay-Z for getting B.O. in hot water. Keep up the Bad work and keep embarrassing him in every way until he is definitely impeached. Signed,

American Patriot

wellington lemmer

I consider my self a Republican. I am not convinced that we should still have an embargo on Cuba. Look at all the countries we have had open military conflict with. We give them favorite trade status. The major focus of complaint is the cuban expat community in Florida. Hey politicians when was the last time there vote mattered in deciding an election in Florida....worked so well in 2008 and 2012 for the GOP. I am sorry the bottom line. I WANT TO GO TO CUBA, SMOKE FRESH DECENT CIGARS......

Isabel Mesa-Collins

As a Cuban-American who fled Cuba in the 60s I am offended by JZ and Beyonce vacationing in Cuba and supporting killers like the Castro brothers. If they like it so much, they should live there like regular Cubans do who starve each day and have no freedom.

barry1817

let them go there permanently, and maybe they can also live like the natives do, not the elite, and perhaps they would then change their mind about what is a better system for all people.

JulesinSD

All access to the White House since the beginning. Michelle O's BFF. As disgusting as Obama. The fact America has elevated these gutter rats to the Whitehouse and a $350 million dollar fortune, speaks volumes of how bankrupt we are. Both couples are disgusting.

Fred

I don't give a damn that they went to Cuba, I'm just disgusted that they came back.

StopTyranny

Wake up folks. Washington is running the online conversation desperate to divert everyone's attention from the truth leaking out about Obama, the illegal war, the Coup, the media blackouts, and this last mock election. The illegal war started in 2008 when Sarah Palin was added to the McCain ticket with the intention of LOSING. Don't take my word for it. See the proof and decide for yourself. Search Sarah Palin's dirty little secret for the truth about this sham of an administration.

joey puglise

Jay-z 's attitude and music is one of the reasons of the Black cities decline-He is creating gangs of Bloods and Hoods-He use to be a Drug Dealer and evidently this is what he is deep down inside himself.