« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

beef

He has the telltale "gay mouth". It's a trait you can easily spot with decent gay-dar.

J_Micod

WOW! What a dud! After that lead in on CNN, I check this site *(Shiver) and it's a NON- STORY!? Boooo... I guess I know what to expect on TMZ from now on... why CNN lets you on the air, I'll never know!

D-INCARNATION

His lips are moving but I hear Mr Garrison talking..

Amy

He looks like Cuba Gooding.

IowaDimples

Who cares if he is. Why is this "news".

Minxee

WTF cares? He's a ballplayer, he's gay, he's black. I'm disabled straight married and white. Where's the difference?

PureRadiance

Nobuddy's business . He is what he is ain't nobuddy's business. He says he's not gay don't go making assumptions.

bbwlover1969

The truly sad thing about this story is, true or false he has to deny everything because of the implications to his career. And if there is nothing wrong with it if he is TMZ, why put it as a front headline in bold type? Funny how it isn't a headline when NFL players have 5-6 kids by 5-6 different women

Radio Ninja

Truth is, you don't have a male assistant unless you're gay, or married with an extremely jealous wife. So yes....totally gay.

Chanel_MC

Mhmm lol i see sum sugar in his tank haha

Marie

"Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend"

And that's all it takes to make him gay? And what if he is, gay? It's 2013, people... Get over it...

timmortonni

Young bro - You do not need to clarify anything to anyone - There is nothing wrong with being gay.

Buddy The Elf

Phag.

(Kidding - who cares anymore honestly?)

(◉_◉) Brush Your Teeth (◉_◉)

Yeah,Right

You & Harvey.

Cricket

I looked up the photo since it's referred to yet not posted. I don't see how that pic implies homosexuality. He owes no one an explanation, if he's gay or straight, his business. I can't imagine it affecting his athletic abilities