« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

J Micod

Boo! You suck, TMZ!

Mr Rod

You can tell by looking at him that he is a fruit. Look at the man-cream around his lips!

Poopsi47

Really tmz

mcf1040

Really? I guess Kordel Stewart is straight too. Do these boys protest too much?

CallingAllIdiots

Im over the gay shaming... his sexual prefrences are his are his and his alone. Whem or if people decide to come out of the closet it should be a personal choice not because someobe tried to expose what is supposed to be a personal prefrence

StefMom

His comment is sweet and tolerant. How can you fault him, especially that he's part of the NFL, the most bigoted and homophobic union in the world? I don't actually know who he is, but already, I know he's wonderful. Go AZ!

KEN

sounds what a person would say when he is not ready to come out...either way...God bless him

Dublin2016

If NFL players "come out", you bet there will be some redneck hillbillies out there that will never watch football again. Who cares if players are gay or not.

2xchamp

MAN...THOSE PICS LOOKED PRETTY FRUITY....not that there is anything wrong with that. Just sayin, I can see where some people might make that assumption from some of those "poses" with his assistant ...

www.accountkiller.com

But he has a thin mustache!

Black

In college we ran a couple 2 on 3 so I don't think he is gay. If anything he is a man whore like myself

Jah36

This is slander if I've ever seen it. Sad when one has to defend themselves from accusation of being a pervert.

Metta Worldhate

Well, you might not be gay (as in happy) because we just found out you're a homosexual, if that's what you mean.

JUN

WELL HONEY, IM ACTUALLY GLAD HE ISNT GAY BECAUSE HE SEEMS LIKE TOO MUCH OF A NICE GENTLEMAN TO BE AROUND THE CORRUPT WORLD OF GAY BITCHES..Im actually glad he is straight and has honestly spoken on his behalf and didnt wait 7 months to address the issue.

Mandooo

Oh, you're straight? So is spaghetti, until it gets hot.