« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Kerry Rhodes

'I AM NOT GAY'

4/11/2013 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410-kerry-rhoades-gettyNFL star Kerry Rhodes -- who's been in the league since 2005 -- tells TMZ he's not gay ... despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Photos surfaced Thursday on MediaTakeOut.com showing 30-year-old Rhodes with his arm around a male friend. The site didn't say outright Rhodes was gay, but there was a strong insinuation ... not that there's anything wrong with it.

But Rhodes says he's as straight as an arrow -- telling TMZ, "Photos have been circulating of my former assistant and I that have caused some rumors regarding my sexuality, and I wanted to address the situation."

Rhodes then says flatly, "I am not gay."

Rhodes explains:  "The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes says when it comes to being supportive of gay professional athletes coming out, he's on Magic Johnson's team:  "I know a lot of people are recently talking about athletes struggling to come out to their fans right now, and I support them, as well as wish those individuals comfort."

Rhodes -- who played for the Cardinals last year -- is now a free agent.

0411_kerry_rhodes_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kisstheringfool

Must be bi

LOLOL

That boy gay as hell.

baybomber

Bi is gay

Scotty

From the pics i seen, I can't tell he's not!

Gabe

You had a great chance to come clean....who's next?

MSCSpecial

He's not gay!!! He just likes to frolic with men...come on now what straight guy doesn't take pictures like these?

IwuvTMZ

If you're playing for the Cardinals, you definitely are gay.

Jimmy Stink Finger

'I AM NOT GAY'..........but my boyfriend is. lol... Awesome ! Let's get REAL pro sport stars.....man up ....no reality in lying.

JJ

Newsflash: Everyone in this country is not gay and not everyone agrees with the lifestyle. It does the gay community a great disservice by implying so. And if someone is, why assume they want to be outted., stop trying to ram it down people's throats

Josh-Juan

Who gives a ****?!?!

Pudding Tang

About 99% of them slap each other in the butt. So that means they're gay. right?

Sandy

Who the hell cares??? If he is...LET THAT FREAK FLAG FLY!!!

Brian

So a guy having his arm around another guy means he's gay? Is that some new rule?

vanessa

after seing those pic I'm gonna have to say 100% gay he is lying Jeeeeeez bro be proud come on....rotflmbao

Melissa

Personal beliefs aside, I'm not ignorant enough to care what someone's sexual orientation is. Who cares if he's gay? What is with this infatuation we have trying to find if a person is gay or straight? Does it really makes difference. Would that make him a bad person? I'm so sick of this. It should make no difference to anyone who he shares his life with,

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments