Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

Keelin

Yeah, and none of his other songs involve violating or debasing women -_-

Sherron

Losing a lot of money from Reebok helped to change that tune. How dumb can you be? Surely he read the lyrics before making the song??

outlaw

Recently there is trend in targeting everything that Hip hop artist say to **** up their career. It an art, its what the system made us/them to be. Plus, he was just rapping to the context of the song and to the culture doesnt mean he did it! its a song!
Just like they believed obama rapped on Jay z song. SMH

SLW1957

"Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics" Sooooo I can only assume this well written 2nd version was done by a PR person.

Nicoleasm

Now all we need to do is put this kind of backlash on all the other horrible rap songs....

Bigmack10

I thought he was Suge Knight.

Enlightened

Just the latest example of the loss of humanity among black men. Did he SUDDENLY get a mother/daughter/aunt/niece in his family? If these "cherished" women ALWAYS existed in his life, then why have women never been anything other than hoes and b!tches in his "music?" Ross don't give a DAMN about the women in his life, only about the dollars that are suddenly OUT of his pockets. He is not a human being, but to I call him an animal would be an insult to all of the courageous males in the animal kingdom. Dogs are more human than rappers.

Lovelylola23

What do u expect from a man that use to beat his baby mother senseless. My friend use to date him before he became really big and he use to **** her ass up too.

Tessa

Total BS apology. This is EXACTLY what he feels. More ghetto thug garbage elevated to star status...the downfall of society and ALL that is wrong in the world.

Slumerican

Eminem is the best to ever rap. However, I don't recall him getting any backlash when he rapped on "Guilty Conscience" about "while youre smearin' her lipstick/slip this in her drink/now all you gotta do is nibble on this little b****es ear lobe" then Dre, "yo this girl is only 15 years old". People really need an F-ing life.

elpablo

It's funny how pansy-a$$ed rap has become. Go back to 1991 and listen to NWA's "To Kill a Hooker" if you think this was offensive. It's a f(u)cking fake a$$ rap song people. Get over it.

Sodawaterposion

Rappers are suppose to be pimp the hoes not rape the hoes fake gangster rapper we all know you not the real Rick Ross

Mikedarican

Hah this **** is a joke. This ignorant ass doesnt know english. No way he said any of this. It was his.PR that wrote that up. Bitch is now upset he lostmoney. Fake ass rapist

nastyboy13

Oh they take his lyrics literal but JayZ spits about the Prez giving him permission to go to Cuba , and its "just a song".

B_Lew

Typical white America.. About 95% of the people complaining about the song never even heard the song..EVER..and what did Rick Ross say so bad that eminem Hasn't blatantly said before?? But no I don't recall him(em) losing multi million dollar endorsements because of one blurry line.. Jayz jokingly mentions the president in a song after taking a trip to cuba..white America says the president hangs with thugs and gives them special privileges... America is a disgrace