Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

joethaplumber

What is the difference between rape in a movie and this? Why does Eminem get away with what he says. It is deeper. It is just a rap song.

Americas Next Top Rapper Show

www.americasnexttoprapper.com

Gargamel

Dummy.

www.wiseonit.com

too little too late!

t.r.

Companies need to pay more attention to who they have representing them. There are many accurate comments in this board that having a "spokesman" who sings about rape, murder, etc. is no way to try and sell your product. We didn't buy Reebok before, and we certainly won't now. And we won't buy from any other company/manufacturer that chooses to have some low life thug wannabe as their representative.

LindaJay

Well, duh, in hindsight! Why could he not be sorry BEFORE he released such a hideous song? Who are the people advising him, he needs to clean house, as these people have lousy judgement, like himself?

LOL!

These are entertainers! It's no different than a movie star acting out a scene in a movie and if your to stupid to understand that than just dont listen to his music or don't buy Reebok. I'm tired of this modern day lynching of americans trying to make money! He was an ex prison guard turned rapper, do you really believe he's a major coke dealer?/gangbanger/rapist? All you protesters need to focus your energy on something that's actually going to help a rape victim instead of wasting your time worrying about who Reebok pays! I can think of dozens of movies with rape scenes in them but I dont remember seeing any of you idiots protesting in front of the movie studios!!!

Tom L

people should be more tolerant.

blkbo4whtgrdma

No need to apologize; rappers getting soft these days.

RoadRig

so the boss needs to slip molly to get some??? lol

Donaldo Davisini

If he were all that he claimed to be he wouldn't talk about that in the first place.

dee

Yeah sorry since Reebok dumped your ______! Love Reebok, but I can do without rap music for the rest of my life!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Mofo soiled Reebok. Too late.

Rich

You are a disgusting ****** who AS you race dictates disrespects every female. And to think every black and illegal put your man in as president who will ruin the country I fought for. Trust me the military has ZERO respect for Obama....which is a FIRST in the history of our country!!!!

nottrulysorry

He's only sorry because he lost his deal. If no one had dropped him, he wouldn't have apologized.