Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Dover

Translation: I am sorry I effed up my Adidas endor$ement $$$$

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Written like his publicist edited it...

helloitsme

First he denied it, now he's admitting it.

s dot

Am I the only who thinks someone wrote that for him? You heard him speak about it before and clearly doesn't even know what date rape is. And his bull**** apology the first time around leads me to think that he's taken part in what he's rapping about in more than one occasion.

At A Ross For Words

His illuminati backers are hanging him out to dry now. Too bad, that deal with the devil has an expiry date.

Hobagger

Lol. First off, 99 percent of rappers lie. They lie about their lifestyle, their money, etc. but the thing that's really funny is the fact that you have rappers talking about shooting people in the head over drugs. But someone mentions rape and all of a sudden everyone's outraged. Get over it.

Kim kol

Last time I checked Molly isn't a date rape drug...

Andreajean

Yeah your not. Bad press is better then none mister.

newsjunkie69

Wow, he's gross! Barf!

tom foolery

Molly + Champagne?

This guy is an idiot. Only molly & champagne will not have that sort of an effect on a person. Amateur.

Deco

Ricks stupid......he ain't even know it.

Ben Adam

Such an oik (look it up, Ross). An irksome one, at that.

EJ Hawkins

A Florida Pastor condemns Reebok for releasing Rick Ross of his contract!!!! Can you believe it!!?!?! http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhxL4613c4PrgLIZ3T

EJ Hawkins

evanwillhoff63

these "rappers" are a total joke now

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7