Kevin Hart

Yup, I Was Drunk

4/14/2013 11:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041413_kevin_hart_jail_launchKevin Hart was not under oath, but he still told the truth to TMZ on his way out of jail ... he was drunk when cops busted him for DUI.

As TMZ first reported, Hart was popped for suspicion of DUI early Sunday morning after California Highway Patrol officers spotted him speeding and driving erratically on the freeway.

On his way out of jail this morning, Hart fully admitted to being drunk ... and even said he told the officers as much. Guess he doesn't plan on pleading not guilty.

Hart did say he was hit with another charge, but claimed that one was total BS.

520 david k

Proof!

kisstheringfool

#teamkatt

humboldthone

That is how you deal with a 'mess up'. Just admit fault... I have more respect for him now than before.

Fat_Sax_2013

What a dumb ass. All that money and your ignorant a$$ wouldn't hire a driver for 8-6 hours. FAILURE!

Slumerican

What a (f)ucking moron. Money does not buy brains or class.

lolurdumb

Another comedy tour coming soon!

whyme

Oh well... I'm glad the chp stopped him before he killed himself or someone else. I would've drove his ass. We would've still got a speeding ticket thoo.

Shannon

Refreshing, a celeb who tells the truth. I have so much respect for him after that. Couldn't have been easy. Rare nowadays.

TMP

So... he knew he was drunk but still drove anyway. He's got the money... call a cab, hire a driver! Amazing that people are saying "at least he can admit it"... seriously?

nipples mugee

Damn. I hope his attorney tells him to shut the hell up...That was an ignorant thing to tell the public.. Suppose they lose the evidence or something goes wrong and their unable to convict you, opps, guess I shouldn't have told the entire world I am guilty. a$$clown..

abby

I respect this man for his honesty. Most celebrities try to make excuses for their behavior. BUT too all the celebrities, you guys have money, so if you had too much to drink then get a driver!

Warlock2099

I don't get all the hate. He admitted that he was wrong. Even told the officer look I'm drunk arrest me. He's not trying to dodge accountability, seems to me Henie owning up to his mistake. Yeah more power to him. As for why not hire a driver to drive you around all the time. You know what **** off. Do you have any idea how expensive that is? Also some people just like to drive that's his right, it's not your money so shut up. He should have called a cab granted but I'm sure even he will admit it was a dumb mistake. At least he's not like a certain reality star who won't even admit that she has a problem.

abby

Officers love screaming "Stop resisting" lol

billybob