Billionaire Sean Parker

Dropping $9 MILLION ...

on Wedding Decorations!!!

4/15/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621_sean_parker_launch

If you invested in Facebook, here's another reason to unfriend Fbook billionaire Sean Parker -- he's blowing nearly $9 mil to create a temporary backdrop for his wedding.

We've learned Parker -- who made billions with companies like Napster and Facebook -- booked the entire ultra-swank Ventana Inn in Big Sur, CA for the weekend of June 1st to tie the knot with Alexandra Lenas in an over-the-top wedding with a medieval flair.

To realize his vision ... we're told Sean hired a landscaping company to build fake ruins, waterfalls, bridges, ponds and a gated cottage in the resort's surrounding forest -- where he'll say "I do" in a ceremony fit for a king ... or Hobbit.

All the guests will enter through a $600,000 gate, dance on a $350,000 floor, and they better stop and smell the roses ... because Parker's dropping more than $1,000,000 on plants and flowers!

Throw in a bunch more fancy overpriced decorations ... and grand total for the BACKDROP is $8.6 million.

In case you care ... Sean hired the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings" to make threads for his guests ... and like yarmulkes at an Orthodox Jewish temple ... you can't get in without 'em.

Now the kicker ...  the entire backdrop will go in the dumpster immediately following the shindig.

Kinda like Napster.

pastall

I hope Mr. Parker sees this and gives me a $100,000 for my student loans!

Amy

It's his money! He can spend it on whatever he wants. Just because he has a lot of money, doesn't mean he has to spend it on charity.

Fredsicles

Who cares what he does- he earned the money. "Our" government blows our money like this everyday. I just had to put my heating bill on a credit card- and my husband works his ass off and makes good money. But I'm certainly glad people on welfare are getting free cell phones and their utility bills paid for by hardworking people. I'm gonna go eat some cheese that I bought with my own money.

WiddoMouse

Think how many hungry people $9 million would feed,

LISA

And that 9 mil is just for the decor? It looks like it's in the middle of a forest, so I'm guessing he will buid a road and a hotel for his guests, too. By far the most horrific example of throwing money down the drain. I hope his guests boycot the wedding in protest ... I know I would. I know this guy does a lot for charity, but this is just ridiculous.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

This will always be a super douche. No amount of money will ever change that fact. I wonder if she knows he does blow of interns titties?

barcham

I'd rather see him spend his money, which will end up being spend by the people he pays to other people and so on down the line, than see him leave it in the bank. It's his money so he can spend it on whatever he wants. It's not his responsibility to give it to those less fortunate than himself. If anyone has a problem with that, then vote for tax reform so that he pays his fair share just like anyone else.

Cathy

Rather than throw the remains in a dumpster I'd like to see him donate anything useful the charity. On the upside this is paying the people who are working on it.

anon

It's his money to spend how he desires. Shameful commentary by TMZ to pander to the ignorant youth of today - hate the rich & spread the wealth mentality, the type of mentality that is ruining this once-great country of ours.

Gordon

Disgusting and tacky.

backwoods

Now watch it rain......

Pat

Absolutely a sickening waste of money. With great wealth comes great responsibility . I want to know how much he contributes to the starving children of the world. You're right it's his money and he has no respect for it.

Tony H.

Um, insert "Stonehedge" joke here?

LR Light

that is sickening. I am taking garlic and gargling with hydrogen peroxide because I can't afford to go to the dentist for a toothache and root canal. I am poor. And so are lots of families around me. How disgusting that he didn't spend the money on something that could last, like building something good or cleaning up the environment instead of destroying it more because of greed and waste and pretention and flamboyance.

Mason

I wish more of these guys would blow their money so regular working people can get some of it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments