Rachael Ray Show Sued

260 lb Teen Says

They Made Me Take a Hike!

4/16/2013 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0416-rachael-ray-gettyA very large teen claims the "Rachael Ray" show is more brutal than CrossFit, more grueling than P90X, more intense than "The Biggest Loser" -- and it all ended with humiliation and anxiety.

Christina Pagliarolo -- who weighed in at 260 lbs -- agreed to be part of a segment on overweight teens.  She claims in her lawsuit ... the trainer made her run like Forrest Gump, yelled and screamed at her, and made her hike in the mountains.

Worst of all, she says the trainer put her on a StairMaster and kept cranking up the speed until she fell off the machine ... and then he yelled at her for falling.

Christina says she was a mess after training ... suffering serious injuries including messed up legs.

Christina is suing for negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

update_bar
7:30 PM PT -- A rep for the "Rachael Ray Show" tells us, "We haven't received this purported lawsuit but if it does materialize we will defend ourselves against it vigorously and fully expect to prevail."

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Gregg

I hate the way these trainers act ,yelling at overweight people. I am contemplating being a trainer,a trainer with compassion. Ever notice some trainers look like they can't even bench 2oo lbs. you guys are predjudice against her because of her weight. Calling her names. Idiots.

BB not bb

The owners of the Rachel Ray clip took them all down now off youtube. I was watching one after another this morning and now I can't find one. What are they trying to hide, their guilt? I think the trainer Jen was the owner named on one of them.

I got an eyeful already. I suppose the court could subpoena the tapes if it does go to trial. I think it is less about who wins the lawsuit and more about just standing up to bullies and making the point that people deserve respect no matter how inferior someone else thinks that they are.

runswithscissors

She's suing for an undisclosed amount of donuts

blue

Ridiculous! Had she not seen these shows? I have news for her - I used to be morbidly obese and I lost the extra weight. Guess what? It is hard bloody work and I would have loved the luxury of a trainer. Stop expecting to sit on your tush and get the body you want. It takes work and lots of it!

OHaiThere

What TMZ doesn't tell you is the bootcamp where she went is notorious for pushing people over his or her limits and a lot of shady crap went on there and probably still does...Eric (her trainer/owner) is a wannabe celebrity trainer who takes every short cut imaginable and will hire an assistant work them to day 89 and then fire them on day 89 before they can start receiving benefits. I know SEVERAL people that have been emotionally damaged by this camp program. Due to underlying emotional issues that were exploited and used against people to get them to power through a work out. It is/was very damaging. Some of these people weren't even that much overweight or even fat at all. Some just came to challenge themselves and Eric being the douche he is caused a lot of emotional and physical damage to many people.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11